Poems on Family (1 Viewer)

I have an english project and about family and I need to do a presentation and I've been looking for some poems by Charles Bukowski on family... I've found it difficult to find any and I was hoping maybe some of you here on the forum could help me... Thanks

Hello! Did you happen to read Ham on Rye? I don't know about you but I don't think Charles Bukowski is exactly the family values guy. I may be wrong but getting a beating after you do your chores is not all that warm and fuzzy.
Welcome to the forum. Love is a Dog From Hell may be as close to family poems you will find.

'Twins' and any other poem about his father.
'Cancer' (?) ...is that the one about his mothers death.

Use the data base near the top of the page.

Family includes true love?

Okay.

How about:

For Jane

225 days under grass
and you know more than I.
they have long taken your blood,
you are a dry stick in a basket.
is this how it works?
in this room
the hours of love
still make shadows.

when you left
you took almost
everything.
I kneel in the nights
before tigers
that will not let me be.

what you were
will not happen again.
the tigers have found me
and I do not care.

- Charles Bukowski

Lead in my belly; I thought about this today, while I was mowing my lawn, and Bukowski had a very different family. It's much like you kids today with your gangs and what not. He bonded with people he got to know. People who accepted him and were good to him and bought him drinks. The good people in whatever bar he found himself in, they were his family. The people in bars he listened to the people who needed someone to talk to. He was there for them and they were there picking up the tab for him. There was a great love, a bond, a family, a good life for Bukowski.
Like I said, I was mowing the lawn, getting all the hairs or I would get the strop. I was hoping you weren't one of those one post wonders who come in here into our world ask one weird question and go away. Never to be heard from again, because you really don't care in the first place. Just pissing in the cold wind. Pissing on our worthy souls.

I was hoping you weren't one of those one post wonders who come in here into our world ask one weird question and go away. Never to be heard from again, because you really don't care in the first place. Just pissing in the cold wind. Pissing on our worthy souls.
Keep hope alive!

Just don't make any bets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back