red dot poems from nyq #12 (1 Viewer)

Digney in Burnaby

donkeys live a long time
5 dollars and the death of an idiot.

5-dollars.jpg

death-of-an-idiot.jpg

I had to un-red dot both of these.

the death of an idiot was re-titled death of an idiot in Burning in Water Drowning in Flame - pg. 167 - 1974 (masturbation lines removed, "teeth bent out" changed to "teeth stuck out," "beat him" changed to "torture him," "or anything" to "and everything"), and those two works hadn't been associated in the database.

5 dollars is in Play the Piano Drunk Like a Percussion Instrument Until the Fingers Begin to Bleed a Bit - pg. 63 - 1979 ("by god" changed to "my god"), but it was in the database for NYQ as five dollars.

Even though they aren't unpublished, it's still good to see the first published versions and the changes in those early collections. The database has been updated.

Arrgh! Oh well, there is more to come. And maybe more red dots to be made black. (I see a red dot and I want to turn it..., no that's fucking stupid.)

My notes have Looking at the Cat's Balls and my friend, Andre essentially the same in book collections, with some minor changes. The only note I have is that the dialogue quotation marks that were in nyq12 were removed in the Burning version of Andre.

If we make more red dots black, so be it. I'm all for everything that makes the database more accurate and complete. We're getting there.

the death of an idiot was re-titled death of an idiot in Burning in Water Drowning in Flame - pg. 167 - 1974 (masturbation lines removed...)
That is a shame because those lines are part of the poem. The other changes don't seem to be serious, maybe even for the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back