requesting information on 'Poems written before jumping out of an 8 story window' (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I am requesting some info on 'Poems written before jumping out of an 8 story window', the one published by Litmus.
I'm a graphic designer and I am doing a project on this book, so I am looking for some technical details.
I already know what the cover and backcover look like, but there are some things I'm not sure about. I think some information I found online might be incorrect.
So, these things i would like to know:

-what are the correct dimensions of the book?
-what's on the title page?
-is there something printed on the inside of the cover?
-is there a table of contents?
-is there a colophon?

I hope someone here can help me with these questions.
It is important that I know what the pages I requested look like, so I was hoping that someone who owns a copy of the litmus edition could upload some photographs or scans.

Thanks in advance!

yes, i've found that one already
like i said, i did research it already, but i can't find images of the book
i would like to see what the table of content looks like

Hello,-what are the correct dimensions of the book?
Not sure at the moment, it's not in front of me.
-what's on the title page?
POEMS WRITTEN BEFORE JUMPING OUT OF AN 8 STORY WINDOW
by
Charles Bukowski
-is there something printed on the inside of the cover?
No.
-is there a table of contents?
No.
-is there a colophon?
No.

Untitled-4.jpg

Okay, I almost have everything I need to know.
I am still looking for the following things:

-the correct dimensions of the book
-is there page numbering?
-is there something printed on the last page, or does it just end after the last poem?

also, could someone include a photo or scan of an entire page or spread so i can see how the typography is set exactly

0.3611 cubits wide by 0.4722 cubits high. 1 in = 2.54 cm and 1 cubit = 45.72 cm. You gotta want this.
No page numbering
Last page is blank
The photos above give you an idea of font and font size, but the margins vary from page to page.

0.3611 cubits wide by 0.4722 cubits high. 1 in = 2.54 cm and 1 cubit = 45.72 cm. You gotta want this.
No page numbering
Last page is blank
The photos above give you an idea of font and font size, but the margins vary from page to page.
are you sure about the size?
Schermafbeelding 2014-02-16 om 11.51.51.png

the red frame is 0.3611 cubits wide by 0.4722 cubits high
if i compare a picture of the cover to the size you gave me, it doesn't fit
it seems to be too wide

The biblical measurements were probably for the first edition. What you have there is the second edition, which is 8 1/4" x 5 5/16"

What is this "project" you're working on?

It wouldn't involve reprinting those and selling them to people who think they are buying the real thing, would it? Because you'll spend more trying to accurately recreate that edition than you could sell it for.

The biblical measurements were probably for the first edition. What you have there is the second edition, which is 8 1/4" x 5 5/16"

What is this "project" you're working on?

It wouldn't involve reprinting those and selling them to people who think they are buying the real thing, would it? Because you'll spend more trying to accurately recreate that edition than you could sell it for.
thanks, that looks more like it

nope, not trying to bootleg it or anything
it's a publication by a painter that is inspired by this book
he made a series of paintings that are parallel with the poems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back