Rhyming Poem - Wormwood Review, 1963 (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
"Rhyming Poem," THE WORMWOOD REVIEW 11 i.e. v, 4 no. 3 (November 1963), p. 35.

rhyming poem.jpg

a few things on this one:
-This is from my cherished collection of uncollected poems originally published by M. Malone. I call it "Uncollected Wormies" :)
-mjp, this is not in your database as pub. by the W. Review.
-Of course, this poem makes fun of rhyming poems, but B did write a few true rhyming poems in his early days.
-Note who wrote the other poem on that same page!

there are at least three "rhymers", as B called them:

-The Editors Say:? (Harlequin, v2, n1; 1957);
-?rhyming poem? (Wormie, n11; 1963);
?I Think of the Olden Armies (Flame v6, n3, 1959)

Jules Smith says in his book that the only rhyming poem is the last one, which is clearly untrue -besides, he states the poem was pub. in 1961, which is also wrong. yeah, I know, minor details, but...

wow, cirerita, I am in awe. Your extensive knowledge of Buk's work makes my jaw drop. My hat goes off to you good sir. all your contributions to this forum are greatly appreciated.

I agree with HenryC, cirerita, you are blowing us away with this stuff. Its especially nice for me here in the UK, with no real hope of ever making the trip to raid those archives as you have.

Hey MJP, can cirerita be voted "Insider Of The Month" ;)

hank solo said:
Hey MJP, can cirerita be voted "Insider Of The Month" ;)
Yes. And we'll just automatically renew the status on the first of each month...

If that's from Vol. 4 No. 3, then there are some mistakes in the wormwood database listings...Vol. 4 No. 3 in the database is Issue 19, 1965...

that's the info from Dorbin's book. In my copy I just put: "Wormwood 11, 1963".

I just checked my files, and Dorbin lists them this way:
THE WORMWOOD REVIEW 11 i.e. v, 4 no. 3 (November 1963)
THE WORMWOOD REVIEW 19 i.e. v. 5 no. 3 (February 1966)

mjp, are you talking about your database or WR's own database?

mjp said:
If that's from Vol. 4 No. 3, then there are some mistakes in the wormwood database listings...Vol. 4 No. 3 in the database is Issue 19, 1965...

To resurrect an old thread.

In the early 60's, a few issues were erroneously listed as vol 4, when they were volume 5, etc. Sometimes these were corrected with a stamp, other times, they were not.

I have a list here somewhere...

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back