Rimbaud (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

Not sure if there are -- besides myself -- many Bukowski fans who are also fans of Arthur Rimbaud, but surely there must be?

Next year I will be publishing an anthology tribute to Rimbaud, tentatively titled: "Fierce Invalids: A Small Press Tribute To Arthur Rimbaud" and am actively seeking submissions of poetry and/or short prose. Previously published work is OK. Payment is one contributor copy. Submissions, obviously, must deal with Rimbaud in some way. So if you think you have something suitable, send 1-3 pieces in the body of an email to:

rimbaudsubs at gmail dot com

Submissions close May 30th 2014.

Hope to hear from you!

Glenn Cooper
Editor

I got to Rimbaud through Dylan's You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Mine’ve been like Verlaine’s and Rimbaud). While I am only moderately conversant in French (on a good day), I wish that I could accurately compare the original French with the translations I have by Louise Varese and Paul Schmidt.

A poem or two about syphilis and debauchery would be too obvious, right? Then again, if done right...

Can we contributed artwork , illustrations? Rimbaud was one on my first initiations to poetry.

Sure, send them on to [email protected] and I'll take a look. Thanks.

Is this Glenn Cooper from Australia?

Yes, it is, Bill!

I'd rather write about Rimbaud (essay or so) than producing any sort of 'literature' dealing with him. If that's alright with you I may be in.

I'll consider anything and everything, including essays. Send away!

I got to Rimbaud through Dylan's You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Mine’ve been like Verlaine’s and Rimbaud). While I am only moderately conversant in French (on a good day), I wish that I could accurately compare the original French with the translations I have by Louise Varese and Paul Schmidt.

A poem or two about syphilis and debauchery would be too obvious, right? Then again, if done right...

Fire away!

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] about Rimbaud (essay or so) [...]
I'll consider anything and everything, including essays. Send away!

My use of the English language is (by tradition, ambition and ability) crippled and crickled and cricked and etc.
If you can handle that, I'll write something. If you don't, I won't bother you (or me) with it.

The idea of the essay would be non-structured musings on Rimbaud's impact on Serge Gainsbourg as well as maybe on Buk and Kinski. I'm thinking of not more than 2,000 words.

Has nothing to do with the purpose of the thread but...

6a31943d.jpg

Due to an overwhelming response, I will now be closing submissions at the end of January. So if anyone wants to send something, better hurry.

Contributors so far include: William Burroughs, Gerald Locklin, Alan Catlin, Corey Mesler, Jeremy Reed, Keith Abbott, Mike Estabrook, Howie Good, Ann Menebroker, Dave Roskos, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back