slumdog millionaire (1 Viewer)

hoochmonkey9

Art should be its own hammer.
Reaper Crew
Founding member
saw this last night. I might be in the minority, but I didn't care for it much.

am I crazy?

You are not alone, it stunk. But then I should have assumed it would, after it won every Academy Award known to man.

I found it very entertaining, but I don't understand how it could win all those Academy Awards. It wasn't THAT good.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it has something to do with the very low budget and that the movie industry(the Academy ) is trying to encourage the lower budget by rewarding it in order to save themselves billions of dollars. But that's just my take on it. It was not really the best picture.

I liked it. I watched it when it first hit the screens. I had no idea what it was about. No preconceived idea what so ever. So I guess that influenced how I looked at. No hype involved at the time. It was a pleasant movie. Academy Award material... well considering I have yet to figure out what that is exactly, your guess is as good as mine. The Academy Awards are, for the most part, a big Hollywood Jerk off... IMO...:D

The Academy Awards are, for the most part, a big Hollywood Jerk off... IMO...

That's why it was so surprising that the awards did'nt go to some of those multi-million dollar Hollywood movies...

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen it yet but my entire family has and they all said it sucked as well. No one's alone here... I'm baffled as to why it won movie of the year (Oscars), when I saw the trailer for it I didn't even have an interest in seeing it. In my opinion, Milk should have won. I did love Milk. I thought Benjamin Button was all right, but it didn't deserve to be in the top, nor did Frost/Nixon, though I loved that too. But it's all a big cock contest anyway.

Perhaps it has something to do with the very low budget and that the movie industry(the Academy ) is trying to encourage the lower budget by rewarding it in order to save themselves billions of dollars. But that's just my take on it. It was not really the best picture.

I think this theory is quite sound!

You people are all drunk. I am suspending your free-admission passes at The No. 6 Cinema for at least two weeks. And no popcorn at home either.

Slumdog Millionaire is a perfectly good film that gets knocked for being a "happy ending" film or low-budget/Rocky feel good blah blah blah..., or whatever. Hey - to me, the script worked well. I loved the device of having the questions parallel his life and his tapping the same street skills to answer correctly.

IT'S NOT CITIZEN KANE AND I'M FINE WITH THAT !!!

I've seen far worse win Best Picture (though "worse" is relative, I admit )
The English Patient ?
Shakespeare In Love ?

C'mon - you're all drunk, right ?

They're drunk. I really enjoyed it. the destiny BS was a load of horse dung, but I feel sorry for any poor soul who felt like it was a "feel good movie". They poured acid in a child's eyes for christ's sake. Mainstream awards are tainted by definition( I can't explain it but it sounds right. Kinda like how you can never trust a something run by money and shadows). It wasn't groundbreaking, but it was an all around solid movie IMO(do I really need to put IMO? The sky is blue TAF (that's a fact).

I liked how he learned the street smarts in the same chronological order as the questions were presented. I guess that's why they had to keep playing up destiny, or they just didn,t realize how stupid that was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back