• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

snipered! (1 Viewer)

GOD DAMMIT! Twice in 10 minutes!!! Did you buy Roominghouse to keep or to re-sell?... because that's the one I really wanted.

Sorry, I don't have a hardcover copy of Roominghouse, so that's the one I really wanted to get too. I ended up buy 6 from that guy today. Hey, when the bidding for clean hardcovers starts at $9.99, I have to pay attention. ;)

As for sniping, I think there's a thread on the subject here somewhere. I know a lot of people don't like it, but it's the only way to fly.

oh, for sure... i gave you about 15 seconds too many on roominghouse. the plan was to trap you into outbidding my first proxy bid while i raised it right at the end, but i finished raising my bid with 18 seconds left. i don't think there's anything wrong with sniping, it's just frustrating...

anyway, i used the $40 i would have spent on roominghouse and bought an HC copy of love is a dog from hell from a guy on abe, so it all evens out.

$40? You still may have lost. My max bid was more than $40. ;)

This service will give you 3 free snipes a week, placed 20 seconds before the auction ends: http://hammertap.auctionstealer.com/ I've been using them for free for years and it's never failed. You still get outbid now and then, but you'll win more than you'll lose.

If you pay for their premium service (which I just happened to have this month for something else) you can bid with as few as 3 seconds left, and place an unlimited number of snipes. That's how I managed to snag 7 today.

Bottom line is if you really want something and you place the highest bid, a sniper can't beat you. They have to outbid you.

i realized today that the best thing to do is to sync a stopwatch up with the auction and then have the final balloon bid ready to go so you can hit "confirm bid" at the last second... i didn't really want to go over $40, though, so now i don't feel too bad.

man you guys know WAY too much about sniping/outbidding!
that's a GOOD deal for the HC, he lost a lot of people/bidders without mentioning it in the TITLE of the listing, still good for you... smognet is that you MJP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back