Stage Fight (1 Viewer)

Johannes

Founding member
Violent ugly kill fuck destroy god hates us all rock'n'roll!

Stumbled over the Axl Rose and followed the related videos right down. There are some beauties out there. Enjoy.

Axl Rose jumps some fan (the classic):

-->

Kurt Cobain vs. his roadie:

-->

Keith Richards hits guy with his guitar:

-->

Angus Young vs. beer throwing fan:

-->

Henry Rollins beating up fan:

-->

Blaze Bayley and Steve Harris from Iron Maiden getting pissed off by some fan (my favorite ... look at Blaze staring while singing :)

-->

Paul Stanley wanting to jam a laser pointer up a fans ass:

-->

Green Day singer vs. fan

-->

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't klicked yet...
In the movie Control (on Ian Curtis & Joy Division), they use
a stand-in singer during a concert because Curtis feels one of his epilepsy attacks
is coming up, back stage. The crowd attacks the stage.
During a very early Rolling Stones concert (1965?) in Amsterdam
the crowd destroys the stage. No clue why.
In the old days I've been to a concert of Henry Rollins, agressive
atmosphere, Rollins behaved like a real ass.
Rock and Roll or just headless violence?

I'd even go so far to say that rock'n'roll concerts in their inner structure are (or were) what in the ancient context to the Greeks was tragedy: You got your eleos and phobos right there, just look at Blaze Bayley! :)

You pay for 60 or 90 or whatever minutes cathartic experience, ideally expressed through clapping your hands and feeling good because of some artists you admire. But there might be something in you more ugly than that, wanting out too.

That Cobain video was some of the first video footage I ever saw of Nirvana... Way back in the days of VHS, I had a copy of Live, Tonight, Sold Out!!! and I loved it.

I viewed it again recently on DVD... And it hasn't really aged well. MTV really needs to get on releasing the 10-Spot concert they had from New Year's 1993. That was excellent.

Father Luke, I wonder what the guy was expecting to happen with a big guy holding his guitar up like a baseball bat. It seemed like he just walked straight into it. The crowd was also somehow shocked. "That was unnecessary." Ha!

The crowd was also somehow shocked. "That was unnecessary." Ha!

Yeah. They were all like:

"yeah dude. hit the guy!"

Then Kenny wallops the bastard.
And the silence was magnificent.

I loved the guy at the end:

"I want my money BACK!"

And Kenny, putting the guitar back on like he was
going to play with half his guitar missing after
hitting the guy in the head with it. HAW !

Thanks to Johannes for the original thread idea.
Bukowski had his share of hecklers.

I loved the reading where Bukowski is reading
about wiping off with a crusty gym sock, and a guy
in the audience keeps laughing, and Bukowski
handles it with a:

"Oh. Happened to you too, eh buddy?"

Bukowski could handle the hecklers.
He was amazing.

Yeah. They were all like:

"yeah dude. hit the guy!"

Then Kenny wallops the bastard.
And the silence was magnificent.

I loved the guy at the end:

"I want my money BACK!"

That's really great. Now there are some artists really giving it back to their audience :D

It was just the back that was missing. It would still play, just wouldn't be as loud. Might need a tuning... ;)

As someone who has, on a couple of occasions, had to grab my guitar by the neck and prepare to use it as a club, I can tell you that it's no fun to be up on a stage when all you can see in front of you are a couple rows of people then hundreds of feet of black space. When things (bottles, coins, gob, batteries, chairs, used tampons) come at you out of that black space you don't see them until they catch the stage lights, and by then it's too late to get out of the way.

So a nod of recognition to anyone who has had to club an idiot with a guitar, or jump into a group of strangers to make a point with their fists. It's not easy, it's never guaranteed to be a safe move (even when they like you), but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It brutal out deh!

I've always enjoyed music played by musicians that didn't feel a need to incite the nether-side of human kind in order to get ther point across.

So, it's rather funny, but in a "that's rather pathetic" kind of way. At least to me, you know, but I'm an elitist. ;)

Likewise.
I see this as just more shit to distract you from the fact that there is almost nothing going on musically. Light show, smoke, huge SPL and aggression and violence thrown in for good measure.
Funny to watch though... especially Cobain getting his ass kicked after jumping on people and whacking them with his guitar.

funny.i had stumbled across that Angus piece the other day.
i don't miss the clubs and venues much any more.
Never was great at a social drink.Maybe the drinks kept me from heckling.
who knows.eventually just held to the outsiders of the year...
and then,so many manuscripts,so little time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back