Stance 5 1988: like blasted apart by a bomb with the first breath; there's a poet on every barstool (1 Viewer)

blasted.png

oevery-barstool.png

That last poem reads like there could be more on the next page. I have a copy of Stance 5 somewhere, in a box, buried, or I'd check. Love the one about Norse.

Oh. I wonder if Richmond ever heard anything from Norse regarding "about the destruction of a tail fin"? Norse couldn't have been too happy about that poem.

now, all's to do is
reset
broken moments.

Loved those lines.
Still ring tru in the computer age.
Resetting broken moments is indeed important.

Thanks David. We're lucky to have you on th forum.

Glad you like them. I''m happy to try to contribute since there have been countless hours of pleasure and knowledge which I've enjoyed on Bukowski.net. Yes, I'm always amazed at the stellar quality of these lines which occur throughout Bukowski's writings.
Oh. I wonder if Richmond ever heard anything from Norse regarding "about the destruction of a tail fin"? Norse couldn't have been too happy about that poem.
Yes, he went after Prince Hal with a vengeance. Also in the story "The Day We Talked About James Thurber" in which Norse is portrayed as a French fop named "Andre".

I wonder what dirty mag Bukowski is referring to, and if anyone has read those stories that Norse eventually got published under the lie that he was Bukowski's friend.

And I wonder what "kit car" the editor was driving. I remember ads for those in the back of, what?, Road & Track maybe back then.

Like Blasted Apart by a Bomb with the First Breath was collected in The Last Night of the Earth Poems as Blasted Apart with the First Breath (with "to fart" replaced with "to exist", "stream of piss" replaced with "a bloody stream"... you know the drill.)

You're welcome.

About the Destruction of the Tail Fin (x~O:DD) is still uncollected (I doubt it will ever find its way into a book, it's too documentary) though, so I reckon it should have stayed at its previous place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back