suggestion (1 Viewer)

i would love to see a specific place for poems and/or short stories written by bukowski.net members.
i'm quite sure there are few unpolished diamonds here and even if there aren't any, it would be still fun/interesting.

It was decided back when we started the forum not to post user's poetry. It opens up a can of worms that can come to no good, trust me on this.

Having said that, there is a thread somewhere that snuck through the cracks featuring "bad Bukowski inspired poetry."

But see, already someone is reading this and thinking, "What the fuck, my poetry is not bad!" ;)

But see, already someone is reading this and thinking, "What the fuck, my poetry is not bad!"

So in your eyes all poetry is awful....except Bukowski? And anyone who might enjoy their poetry is woefully deluded?

I've never really understood your position on that.

But I understand there are PLENTY of POETRY FORUMS on the net no point in bogging down buk.net with it. That I understand.

All good poetry
must know that it is bad poetry
that is - painfully human.

if i may so humbly interject.

in the most humblest of ways...

well, shoot- i have a forum which hosts poetry and other writings.

i mean, keeping in mind that moderators can remove this post if they find it offensive...

in no way do i mean to step on any toes.

but maybe if you were looking for a place with a good crowd who are well seasoned in the critique process or what not...

you are always welcome to post with us when you're not here.

http://literarymary.com/cgi-bin/literary/YaBB.pl

jen

i think mjp was referring specifically to the thread called "Bad bukowski inspired poetry" (that he didn't start), not to all users' poetry in general. i think we would all agree that there are some pretty good poets who post here.

i feel compelled to ask... when you post stuff like that, do actually think that that's what he meant, or are you just trying to get a rise?

Yes he is.

I've never really understood your position on that.
You still don't. But that doesn't seem to have stopped you from inventing a "position" for me. So just keep believing that imaginary position, and presto! - you've answered your own question. Just the way you like it.

You still don't. But that doesn't seem to have stopped you from inventing a "position" for me. So just keep believing that imaginary position, and presto! - you've answered your own question. Just the way you like it.

I think this applies to you mjp as much as it does to me.

It didn't invent a position: I asked questions.

Anyway, no worries about the poetry, I was just curious, tis all...

Curious to know your position on poetry, particularly as you read lots of it (well, assuming you read and enjoy Bukowskis poetry), and why you think having a poetry section will opens up a can of worms that can come to no good, trust me on this.

I'm not suggesting we have one. Just wondering why you seem to dislike the idea in general. I am a memeber of one site that has a creative writing section and it gets along fine - good, bad, ugly, indifferent, or gibberish!

From my own experience with a (far smaller) forum in Germany, it's the kiss of death, when Bukowski-fans start to force their own stuff there.

There MIGHT be some great writers among them, but they're simply at the wrong place.
The subject is Bukowski, not "oh, I like this guy and I also write about my many sex and booze adventures!" - said that, I do think it wouldbe o.k., to open a special section devoted to selfmade-writers. There's NOTHING WRONG in being inspired by an artist to start creating art on your own. I do appreciate that. (and, like about Anyone of us, I too was writing poems and stories years back.) But I don't see any need to intermix it with the concerns about BUKOWSKI himself.

I've not bothered so far to read through the whole 'Bad Bukowski inspired poetry'-thread. But think having something like that is way enough.

Curious to know [...] why you think having a poetry section will opens up a can of worms that can come to no good, trust me on this.
This isn't a writing site (and I do not want it to become one) so you cannot assume that everyone here would know or abide by rules of civil critique. Hence the can of worms, hurt feelings and animosity. All of which only serve to drive people away, which is quite the opposite of my aim in doing all this.

Isn't is easy to put a link with permission to sites of buknet-members like some already did? Like slimedog did for example, and a few others.

For example: a new topic in all things NOT Bukowski

Problem solved.

What you also can do is buy a poetry book of published buknet-members, like I did.

yah it's weird. my particular site is in my sig, which it has been since i've shown up. but you can't link in your sig. or maybe i'm just not doing it right.

i'm glad vodka did put the link in her post

in that way, i've been showed the way to a place filled with what i was asking for in the first place
since there's no (and won't be) such thread here, i think it was nothing but an helping action

no disrespect to buk.net, this no rivalry nor cheap advertising of any kind

thank you vodka

hmm i think i might just do that mjp. the site is more than worthy and i'm astounded at the amount of time you've put into it to make it such a cool place.

i did link you on literarymary and i hope to have netted you a member or so in the process.

as soon as i've got a slight extra bit of cash you can count on my support.

jen

p.s. just looked at the amount and gosh that's not much at all. count on me come payday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back