Tell us about your Great Day? (1 Viewer)

Man, that was two years ago already? I need to hit the TiVo pause button on my life. It's going by too fast.

i know, right? but it's the same as any other event - it feels like it happened last week and it also feels like it happened 10 years ago. it's time, man, time.

I've got my train tickets for the upcoming Bukowski Symposium: Andernach here I am! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I have the feeling that the next post in this thread will be Roni regretfully announcing the cancellation of this year's symposium?

Why do I have the feeling that the next post in this thread will be Roni regretfully announcing the cancellation of this year's symposium?
Don't be jealous, sweetie.

Please close that amazing Tom Cruise forbidden bio, wear your glamorous five toe shoes and go put some roses on Buk's grave for me.

Two pieces of mail arrived today that I was really glad to see. My Lollapalooza ticket and a long-awaited insurance settlement check. Also, the marinade I copied from Justine worked out great and dinner was fantastic.

Mondays like these don't come around very often.

Dave wins.

After a restless night and some early morning turmoil and confusion about work I took a 2 hour nap. It was perfect with a clear dream in color I could understand. After a brief telephone conversation informing me of more work I went down stairs to find a book had arrived safely. That brought great relief after the mailman just lost one a month ago.
Now if this day could just stay on course like this I'll be a happy man.

The book is Scarlet and it's easy reading.

Yesterday I sold a used truck that had a $1000.00 bonus. The best part was my boss's brother dropped the customer which means I didn't have to split the deal. It felt good to know I still have what it takes. I had been wondering if I was washed up or something.

Today I wrote a bunch of stuff in my journal while sipping hot apple cider at the cafe. Very therapeutic. Bought a couple Stephen King short story collections and a bag of sweet potato chips. Now I'm reading through Betting On The Muse!

I bought a truck yesterday, but I think I paid a thousand dollars too much. Well, what are you gonna do.

My son and I went to see a great film, that was not Hollywood. It was Cinema!
The film is "Incendies". I need to say that it has nothing to do with firemen.
I recommend the film to all. Although it is in french, we saw it with english subtitles, and the subs did not get in the way.
It is about peace, through the life of a brave mother. It is a contemporary exploration of the ugly dialogue between extremists and their actions.
It was done in a subtle manner.
We also enjoyed the key lime pie at Rockaberrry with good coffee.

I had a VERY slow weekend, slow and quiet. But at 1am last night, NBA TV was showing all the slam dunk contests since like 1986. JORDAN had some great moments, but watching an 18 year old Kobe Bryant, fresh OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL do this.... Well, it made my weekend. Sure, sure, maybe someday some other 18 year old kid out of high school will do it, but it's been 13 years since this happened, and, well no 18yr old has done it since. At least not during the slam dunk contest. It's interesting to see his cockiness, since this was before he had done anything in the nba, it's his rookie year. But I guess he already knew he'd be chasing Jordan for all his accolades at some point.

Yesterday I sold a used truck that had a $1000.00 bonus. The best part was my boss's brother dropped the customer which means I didn't have to split the deal. It felt good to know I still have what it takes. I had been wondering if I was washed up or something.

I will be in the market for a small used car in about a year. When I am ready can I work through you, or is it not worth it with shipping, etc? I am driving a 1999 Jeep Cherokee that I bought in 2001 when it had 30,000 miles. Now it has 192,000 and has been in a few accidents. Not much of a trade in, but it has served me well...

Bill

I bought a truck yesterday, but I think I paid a thousand dollars too much. Well, what are you gonna do.

Did you really buy a truck? That's funny.

The truck was worth $2000 or $3000 more than I sold it for and the customer was overly happy with the deal. Of course the customer wanted to spite the obnoxious salesman who walked away from him. The other salesman did what many cocky salesmen do and that was to show the customer what he thought he should buy instead of making the customer feel good about buying what we had to sell. The first guy could have sold him the bonus truck but he did not have a clear head or determination like I had.
I had a good day again today because of the buzz about what a good day I had on Saturday. I'm thankful for that.

I had a chevrolet pick up truck 1989 that was stolen. It had been rebuilt, was a beauty paid 4,200.
Last is a van paid 1,500. and I probably put in 3 times the money in repairs. Now the body is like lace, but it runs.

So ck these frames out. I was going to put this in the art thread, but since these things made my day, I thought I'd drop it here!

So this first one, is obviously a buk print, but I'm telling ya, ck out the frame!
buk.JPG

This next one is a John Waters signed dvd cover of Cecil B. Demented(One of John's greatest movies, well they're all great!
waters.JPG

And this third one is a drawing that someone gave me as a thank you card.
maria.JPG

BUT here's the thing that made my day! these are pretty cool frames! I just put these all up around the house today! Anyway the frame thing, these all came from the .99 cents store! When I walked in earlier, I was looking through the frames, saw a ton of these and thought, awww, sometimes a good day just comes along. I put up some other buk prints, and other things. I bought 12 different styles of frames, and I just hung the last one, so I think I'm gonna head back and buy some more, because they're just soooo cool! Sometimes, the little things excite me!

I don't know for sure? I'm sure someone on here would know? It's similar to the cover of Women. Not the same, but similar.
women.jpg

I feel like I just took a tour of your place. But I didn't have to worry about spilling my drink, which was nice.
Cool frames and great prints. I will be burglarizing you soon of course. Thanks for the preview... ;)

So this first one, is obviously a buk print, but I'm telling ya, ck out the frame!

That's a great looking frame, with all those layers!

I bought 12 different styles of frames, and I just hung the last one, so I think I'm gonna head back and buy some more, because they're just soooo cool! Sometimes, the little things excite me!

I sure hope you have room for all those frames on your walls.
I just bought some frames myself for a Gilbert Shelton drawing and some other drawings I got at comic book conventions.

DSCF3507-2.jpg

That's cool bukfan! gotta frame that sucker. I actually went back last night after work. I spent 29 bucks!!! Not all on frames, though I did pick up another 14! Yeah, my walls, except in the living room, had been pretty bare. So it's about time I spruce it up a bit!

I turned my hallway into my very own rock n' roll hall of fame with a bunch of signed stuff that I have. Looks pretty cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back