the 3 after the 1st (1 Viewer)

Jason

Founding member
Hoping someone might be able to help me find the thread (I've searched but have had no luck) that explains the ordering (or current thinking on the sequence) of the three chapbooks that came after Flower Fist... and before It Catches...

Dorbin (and Krumhansl) show this sequence:
- Poems and Drawings [Dorbin A2, Krumhansl 7]
- Longshot Pomes... [Dorbin A3, Krumhansl 8]
- Run with... [Dorbin A4, Krumhansl 9]

In the database here, it's shown as:

I notice that in the introduction on page 3 of Poems and Drawings the editor notes, "This is Mr. Bukowski's fourth volume of poems..." which would support the sequence in the database...

[...] Poems and Drawings the editor notes, "This is Mr. Bukowski's fourth volume of poems..." [...]
Right.
Plus: in 'Outsider III', Cuscaden talks about Bukowskis 3 [sic!] books so far which are 'Flower Fist', 'Pomes' and the - then upcoming - 'Run With The Hunted'. No mentioning of 'poems and drawings'.

So there are at least 2 sources that support this order.

(I also seem to remember a letter by Buk that indicates this order.)

The confusion might have come up due to 'Poe & Draw' being published in 1962 too, just as 'Run With'.

Last edited:
In the database here, it's shown as:
So, database says Run with the Hunted is Bukowski's third book?
Here's what mjp had said:
This ad for Bukowski's fourth book, Run With the Hunted, appeared in The Outsider #3, in 1963.
source

Last edited:
zob, keep in mind that mjp wrote this in 2006!
That was when this fine comunity just started to set records straight. At that time we didn't know everything (like we do now, and I mean Everything *insert joke-smilie here*) and believed what had been the state of the art by then.

It's due to our research here, during the years, that things like this got corrected. But it takes some time. Always have a look at the dates of posts.

Plus: in 'Outsider III', Cuscaden talks about Bukowskis 3 [sic!] books so far which are 'Flower Fist', 'Pomes' and the - then upcoming - 'Run With The Hunted'. No mentioning of 'poems and drawings'.

Thanks Roni. Yes I think Cuscaden's "Poet in a Ruined Landscape" from Outsider 3 clears up the question well (see scans)...

outsider_cuscaden1.jpg outsider_cuscaden2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back