The Bible Illuminated: R. Crumb's Book of Genesis (1 Viewer)

I'd really like to see in black and white what Adam and Eve actually did, to get kicked out of the cabbage patch. :)

Crumb! excellent!

I'm looking forward to reading it. It's supposed to be available in several countries on the same day, Oct. 19.
Who would ever have thought Crumb would move from his usual underground comics to the Book of Genesis?

I hoped he'd give Eve giant thighs.

He always gives his women big thighs and asses. It'll be interesting to see if he does it in a bible setting too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
The book is out now. I'm not sure about the Oct 19 date, but it is out.

Eve has a big ass and big thighs, of course.

Also, I love how Adam and Eve look Semitic. I'm used to seeing the Christian version of them as Blond Haired and Blue eyed. Not that they ever existed, but if they did, they would have had dark skin...

Bill

i've looked through it at bookstores, but i'm holding off buying it due to the misguided notion that i will somehow be able to afford the limited edition... $390 at amazon, up from $310 a couple weeks ago. grr... he's doing a talk in san francisco too, but it's $35 each for tickets.

The book is out now. I'm not sure about the Oct 19 date, but it is out.

It is? That's great! - I read about the Oct. 19 date in a magazine about comic books. They must've gotten the date wrong or it came out earlier than advertised. Now I'm gonna get me a copy.

EDIT: I just checked Amazon. I typed in Crumb Genesis and it said Oct. 19, but you can pre-order it now.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0...oks&field-keywords=crumb+genesis&sprefix=crum

Here's a short video showing what the book looks like:

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/01/video-of-paging-thro.html#previouspost

And here's chapter 19 from the book:

http://boingboing.net/2009/09/18/exclusive-sneak-peek.html

Big asses illustrated in the Book?, time for me to get right with the creator!

This is definitely one for the coffee table. Thanks for posting it yer Holiness.

It is? That's great! - I read about the Oct. 19 date in a magazine about comic books. They must've gotten the date wrong or it came out earlier than advertised. Now I'm gonna get me a copy.
They shipped last week according to the Crumb Family website. Water Row Books has them in stock. They were probably supposed to be out in October, but they came out a couple weeks early.

Bill

Its on shelves at my store, so I'm sure its around elsewhere. Flipped through it... Very interesting take on the Bible, that's for certain. I was surprised it didn't have the same M.O. as The Brick Testament. Great art, of course.

Big asses illustrated in the Book?, time for me to get right with the creator!

This is definitely one for the coffee table. Thanks for posting it yer Holiness.

Are you kidding? God invented every hot woman that ever lived. He/she/it knew exactly what he/she/it was doing.

See you in church.

Here's a new 2009 interview with Crumb about his 'Genesis' graphic novel and his life in general.
It lasts 34 min.14 sec. and the chapters are as follows:

Introduction
Childhood
Early Work
Married Life
Family Life
Shocking Artwork
Genesis
Inspiration For Genesis
R. Crumb: A Genius?

The interview is done by Francoise Mouly.

i read about that controversy... oh to be in college, where everything that happens is the most important thing that ever happened. i find it so ironic that the buttoned-up conservatives of the 60's and 70's that wanted underground comix censored have found their counterpart in the overly sensitive liberal way-left. at usc, they had rush limbaugh come to speak, and liberals were outside picketing saying that the university had no business paying someone like that to come to campus, and a few years later the conservatives had basically the same picket signs for michael moore. god forbid someone wants me to listen to someone i don't agree with, right?

I don't want to listen to Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore. but it's been a while since I was in university.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back