The Man With The Beautiful Eyes (1 Viewer)

Domator

Founding member
hey,
what do you think about this short animation by Jonathan Hodgson?
I think that is great short movie with very good poem and I like it. It have specific animation and easter egg at the end (Chinaski's shop :) ).

Domator said:
It have specific animation and easter egg at the end (Chinaski's shop :) ).

Are you on drugs, son?

No, I'm sorry Domator - it's not my 1st language either, but that is one
hilarious sentence! Wish I knew what you're on about...

I believe he's talking about that short based on that poem by B. I saw it long time ago. Maybe there's a DVD version which has easter eggs. that's what I understood. or maybe there's another DVD about B or based on B books which has the short as an extra.
Chinaski's shop must be an extra on that DVD, I guess.

Well, Chinnaski's at the end of animation was imo easter egg. World of animation became a piece of paper and this paper was in Chinaski's shop. For me it was smile for fans.

And english isn't my 1st language too so i'm sorry :)

It is actually because of this short film that I discovered and subsequently fell in love with Bukowski. It was a few years ago, but I do remember that it was good. It'd be great to see it again, where it all began.

Domator said:
Well, Chinnaski's at the end of animation was imo easter egg. World of animation became a piece of paper and this paper was in Chinaski's shop. For me it was smile for fans.

And english isn't my 1st language too so i'm sorry :)

I think we know what you are getting at. It is a clever reference. More of an In-Joke rather than what we might refer to as an Easter Egg.

I hadn't seen this for a while, but managed to find a disc with it on. The ending for those who haven't seen it is actually...

SPOILER - Click and Drag to highlight Text below...

As the camera pulls out from the streets where the kids are playing, we see a street map, then a map of the USA, that becomes a logo on an old typerwriter thats for sale in a shop called Chinaski's.

END of Spoiler

Its not a bad little film. Its a nice poem. If you haven't seen it, seek it out. Version I have has Italian subtitles. May require the DivX codec on your system to playback correctly.

Thanks Charlie.
Films like this really bring out the power of Buk's narrative poems.

'The Man With The Beautiful Eyes'

someone from Mary posted this quite a while back. I thought it was pretty cool. It's a reading of The Man With The Beautiful Eyes paired with a nifty cartoon someone drew. It's really very cool, in my opinion. anyway, i thought y'all might want to give it a look.

[This video is unavailable.]

Thats a good way to start my day,looked at the site yesertday have to go back and take a good look It's allways fun to find new things thanks.

I started here a thread about this long time ago :) Every version available to download or on-line watch it's Italian TV rip, i don't know why...

Old link was dead. Currently this can be viewed here:

If that link dies, just search Youtube - I'm sure someone will have uploaded it again.

That is the only known appearance. It was never published under another title as far as I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back