The Most Beautiful Woman In Town Analysis (1 Viewer)

The Most Beautiful Woman In Town & Other Stories arrived today.
Just read TMBWIT and wow, I have chills.
I REALLY liked it.
I loved the concept of Cass trying to make herself less beautiful. That is poetic in itself.

I'm glad to see this post, Christopher. I had a feeling you might leave after the youtube clip you posted was negated by the powers that be (I watched it and have to be honest it wasn't for me - I'm too old). The Most Beautiful Woman in Town is a real heart-breaker and a personal fave. Please keep posting your views as you read deeper in to Bukowski.

Oh, I'd never leave based on something like that. I'm here to discuss Bukowski. That was just something I thought some people would enjoy as a lot of my writing is influenced by Buk and other similar authors.

I've read half of the stories in TMBWIT now.

Another one of my favorites was Six Inches. I loved how the entire story was one big analogy. Or at least, that's how I read it.

So, I only have 5 stories left and what I've noticed is that I'm not a huge fan of the stories that are not about sex and alcohol. Probably because these are two of my favorite things, but, also because I feel like they are the weaker stories. 'Politics is like trying to screw a cat in the ass' for example. Or 'Non-horseshit horse advice'. I like when Buk mentions horse racing and gambling on occasion within his stories or novels, but, I can't enjoy a full story about it.

"I'm not a huge fan of the stories that are not about sex and alcohol."

Wait, the 'other' stories will open-up to you, as soon as you leave the adolescent years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back