The Most Beautiful Woman in Town (1 Viewer)

I'm here because someone read my work, assumed (correctly) I had read some Bukowski. It was suggested that I join. Here I am. Are you happy?

I write poetry and do a lot of performance poetry. I also edit theses, articles, short stories, novels and other torturous, boring stuff. Of course, it's contract work, so I get screwed over a lot. That makes it all worthwhile.

Can you tell yet that I have an off putting sense of humour? I'm looking forward to discussing Bukowski and other fun stuff. Thanks for having me!

Fire Station is my favourite book of poems, Women is a damned good book, but The Most Beautiful Woman in Town takes my cake for sheer Bukowski storytelling genius. I think that doesn't even begin to cover it, but once I get a bit less shy, I'll join some discussions.

... but The Most Beautiful Woman in Town takes my cake for sheer Bukowski storytelling genius.

Yes, it was the short story collections that corrupted my sensibilities as well. One always cherishes, perhaps more than the others, the first work one reads from what becomes a favorite author.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back