The poem where he leaves his shoes at the beach... (1 Viewer)

In the poem he follows a car full of teenagers to the beach and sees a lot of couples at the beach and leaves in a hurry forgetting his shoes. I can't remember the name of it and would like to read it again.

It's referenced in a story in Tales Of Ordinary Madness.

Thanks for the help!

In the poem he follows a car full of teenagers to the beach
It seems to be The Race from Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame, but he didn't leave his shoes on the beach in that one.
In the poem he... sees a lot of couples at the beach and leaves in a hurry forgetting his shoes.
That's another poem, called The Singular Self, also from Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame.
It's referenced in a story in Tales Of Ordinary Madness.
That's right. A hilarious Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit :DD:
you remember that poem you wrote about going down to the beach and climbing down the cliff to the sand and seeing all those lovers down there and you were alone and wanted to get out fast, you got out so fast you left your shoes down there with them. it was a great poem about loneliness.

BTW, both poems were first collected in It Catches My Heart in Its Hands, but I reckon you didn't read them there.

Last edited:
Thank you Zobraks! I have a copy of "Burning In Water..." and I guess when I originally read it, the two poems merged in my mind. I took it off the shelf and read both poems. Thanks again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back