This is incredible..... (1 Viewer)

I've been reading Bukowski since a junior in college in 1975. I was in London & a very progressive daughter of a professor turned me on to Buk at that tender age.

I've sought out this forum because there's something that's been driving me crazy for weeks......there's a particular poem that I cannot seem to locate (I have every book brand new since '76) & do not have the patience to search it out considering I don't even know the title....but here goes...Buk's on a bus. They stop at a little cafe/diner in the middle of the night for coffee & a bite. I think it's raining. The waitress is heavenly. He wants to stay in that magic place at that time forever. They get back on the bus & continue.......

Please, please, anybody know that poem.....I need it very bad.
I'm a newcomer here but hope to contribute & establish some fine comminication with all.
Thanks so much in advance.

Try nirvana from The Last Night of the Earth Poems.

Thank you, you're marvellous. You're marvellous. Thank you. I'm Murph and these are the Magictones.

Thank you, you're marvellous. You're marvellous. Thank you. I'm Murph and these are the Magictones. Steve 'the colonel' Cropper, Donald Duck Dunn, Willie `Too Big' Hall and Tom `Bones' Malone. We'll be back with the Magic Tones for the Armada Room's two hour disco swing party after this short break. Til then, don't you go changing.

There's a Tom Waits spoken-verse piece on the "Orphans - Bastards" LP with that exact same narrative. Can't recall the title and don't have the CD before me ...

There's a Tom Waits spoken-verse piece on the "Orphans - Bastards" LP with that exact same narrative. Can't recall the title and don't have the CD before me ...
Thank YOU! Thank You!
The poem is called Nirvana.
It distills such romantic yet hopeless longing.
Thank You!!!!

There's a Tom Waits spoken-verse piece on the "Orphans - Bastards" LP ...

...which is a thing our beloved mjp wouldn't like at all, right?
or is Tom Waits an exception?

welcome tribox.

"it's 106 miles to chicago, we gotta full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. HIT IT!"

...which is a thing our beloved mjp wouldn't like at all, right?
or is Tom Waits an exception?
I am not a Waits fan. But spoken word is one thing, if someone wants to recite a poem, how bad could that be? Just don't put your inspired genius music into the mix.

Hey, mjp no fair, make with the BB quote...

I bet those cops have got SCMODS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back