This probably sounds retarded (1 Viewer)

But every time I'm driving down the road and I have to sneeze I think of Factotum--every time.
Which is odd because there are so many more interesting scenes in the movie.
But, it got me to thinking.
I can't be the only one who has had a line from a Bukowski book or a scene from a movie burn a permanent impression into their brain.
So I ask .... What snippet of Bukowski's genius do you find creeping into the dailiness of your life on an almost regular basis? (Hopefully it's more profound than the, time you're most likely to lose control over your vehicle scene.)

You know, that line always struck me too, and I think Buk may have gotten if from Tennessee Williams. It's in I think "Night of the Iguana" and there's something about "avenida de los muertos"....

I can't remember the line exactly but the sentiment often comes to me if I'm getting up early or hungover for work or something:

Millions of men have wondered while shaving, wouldn't the removal of life be preferable to the removal of facial hair.

It's something like that. If anyone can remember where that's actually from I'd be grateful!

It is from '99 to one' from 'Love is a dog...'

the thought has occurred to millions of men
while shaving
the removal of life might be preferred to
the removal of hair

For some reason, that reminds me of a Terry Gilliam animation from Monty Python's Flying Circus.

my signature on these posts actually has meant more to me than it probably should and has come up to me everytime i debate to myself whether i feel like cleaning my apartment is worth it or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back