Towelhead (1 Viewer)

Lolita Twist

Rose-hustler
towelheadw300h444.jpg

(I've not yet realized how, even upon tutorial, how to get images from my computer into an attachment on my post - sorry mjp)

I just watched this film literally 20 minutes ago. Not until I looked at the above picture did I learn that it was from the same writers of American Beauty (coincidentally one of my favorites as well) - but you can see how that is if/when you watch the film. I am impressed. It starts off as somewhat of a teenage-drama (girl coming into her own sexuality), and turns into what I interpreted to be a film about the psychology of post-traumatic stress-disorder, while also following more-than-enticing subplots about this young half-Lebanese girl you meet in the opening sequence in no less than a shocking/disgusting situation. Two thumbs up, strongly recommended.

I saw the preview just the other day and I noticed the American Beauty connection in the ad. The movie looks good and I like Toni Collette.

the book is quite good. if you haven't read it and liked the movie, give it a go.

Well, I saw this movie two nights ago. Eh, it was ok, kinda left me with a weird feeling in the stomach. I kept wondering how they got away with the scenes they did, since the lead actress was supposed to be 13 yrs old? Then I learned the actress was 18 years old during filming. But, it still left me with a sick feeling. Plus I just don't really like that eckhart dude, he was ok in the dark knight, but that was just because I liked the movie as a whole.

We saw this last summer and maybe my expectations were too high (a writer from Six Feet Under? Towelheads? Count me in!). It just looked and felt like an Afterschool Special to me. No subtlety, no nuance. Just 116 minutes of jackhammer noise pounding home the obvious "points."

I started watching it a couple nights ago too. After school special is correct. There were too many unrealistic characters and situations. I liked American Beauty but this one missed me. Six Feet Under was good too.

I remember seeing the trailer and being surprised that Aaron Eckhart could act... but that wasn't enough for me to rush out and see it. Still, that's why NetFlix exists, right?

Well, I saw this movie two nights ago. Eh, it was ok, kinda left me with a weird feeling in the stomach. I kept wondering how they got away with the scenes they did, since the lead actress was supposed to be 13 yrs old? Then I learned the actress was 18 years old during filming. But, it still left me with a sick feeling. Plus I just don't really like that eckhart dude, he was ok in the dark knight, but that was just because I liked the movie as a whole.

I think you were supposed to feel sick.

Yeh, I guess so. I need to re-watch American Beauty, I watched it back in the day, but can't really remember anything about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back