Trading Places (1 Viewer)

Hello:

I found this. It appears to be a short story written by a Liam Wendell. Never heard of the author or what his relationship was to Bukowski. Never saw it in any of his books. Had me laughing. Great dialogue. Anybody know if it was published in a magazine?

Bukforever

Trading Places

[Deleted, that's not what this forum is for. -ed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a plagiarized version of The Switch by Al Fogel (Bottle of Smoke Press, 2002). I published it as a chapbook back in 2002. If you change every word "Liam" to "Al" and every "Wendell" to "Fogel" you will have the story that I published. Whoever this Liam Wendell is, one thing that he appears to be is a poor plagiarist.

Where did you find this story? I did a Google search and nothing came up. I need to let the author know in case he wants to bring suit for Copyright infringement.
Bill

Last edited:
Where did you find this story?
I think he "found" it in his word processor.
Bukforever
We don't allow multiple user accounts, so your bukforever user was merged into your old niceguy user.

I understand that you're probably trying to escape your history here, but it's not that easy.

It would sure be a damn shame if the merge prevented you from logging in...a damn shame. Well, I'm sure you still have access to the AOL account that you used for niceguy. If not, well, like I said, that would be a damn shame.

Last edited:
I was thinking of him and a few others this week. You know why.
Is it possible to photoshop his false theeth or his fake smile?

I was thinking of him and a few others this week.
So was I. But I was thinking that a lot of the well known collectors, people who went on a mission to buy everything they could find (Al, Scott, Ross, Nick, to name a few) turn out to be socially awkward at best (I'm being generous), and flat out lunatics most of the time.

Add to that the garden variety lunatics that show up waving their dicks and frothing at the mouth like drunken birthday party clowns (too many to mention by name, but you know who they are), and you have quite a lively scene. It isn't what I envisioned when this place opened its doors, but in retrospect I suppose we should have expected it. "Look, a Bukowski forum! I'll behave just like I think Bukowski did, they'll love me!"

They don't understand that no one wanted Bukowski to show up at their party in the 70s, and no one wants to see a cheap imitation of Bukowski puking in the flower pots and shitting in the sink at the party now.

I thought Obama was going to fix this shit?!

Those don't do anything to change my mind about Mr. Fogel.

Wait, that's not true, I wasn't ready for the smacking of the lips/gums every five seconds. That was a surprise.

He's a very inspirational and spiritual man. According to himself. Interesting that he embraces the Internet, considering it made the only thing he'll ever be known for obsolete overnight. That dusty, outdated paper "price guide" that other lunatics still refer to as if it were some sort of holy scripture in their eBay auctions.

This may be the problem:
We don't allow multiple user accounts, so your bukforever user was merged into your old niceguy user.

It would sure be a damn shame if the merge prevented you from logging in...a damn shame. Well, I'm sure you still have access to the AOL account that you used for niceguy. If not, well, like I said, that would be a damn shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back