• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Vinyl LP - Totally Corrupt (The Dial-A-Poem Poets) (1 Viewer)

It looks like Anne Waldman (and maybe John Giorno) on the left.

It's also cool that the seller has linked all of the tracks to MP3s so everyone can hear it.

that auction is gathering a lot of early interest, it's a nice album to own. less than 24 hours and my $20 bid is 'toast', just for something to do; I predict this album sells for $84...
:)

Another copy of that record was sold on eBay a few months back...don't remember what it went for.

It went for US $112.50

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300027967107

Let me list the poems that Bukowski reads, with info taken from the current Bukowski.net Database

1. Cloud Nine - [Cloud 9, The Wormwood Review Vol. 16 No. 2 Issue 62 - pg. 78 - 1976]
  2. I Live in a Neighborhood of Murderers - [Love is a Dog From Hell - pg. 227 - 1977]
  3. Two Horse Collars - [2 Horse Collars, Bone Palace Ballet - pg. 165 - 1997]
  4. Christ -
  5. You'll Never Know - [Slouching Toward Nirvana - pg. 257 - 2005]
  6. The Closing of the Topless And Bottomless Bars - [the closing of the bottomless bar, the night torn mad with footsteps - pg. 150 - 2001]

And for posterity, those MP3 links (just the Bukowski ones)

Cloud 9 / I Live in a Neighborhood of Murderers / 2 Horse Collars

Christ / You'll Never Know / The Closing of the Topless And Bottomless Bars

I noticed before that the credit reads MCCC-TV Studio, Detroit, Oct. 31, 1974 - Anyone have any info on this TV recording? Anyone seen any footage??

I also noticed that, I didn't think/know Buk had ever been to Detroit, is there any reference to him being in the MOTOR CITY? Did he visit/stay during his 'travel/wandering' days...

It went for US $112.50
This copy sold for $56. There's an interesting eBay phenomenon where sellers see something go for a pretty good price and say, "Hey, I've got one of those!" and list it and it sells for substantially less than the first one.

I think the first seller has the advantage for two reasons, first, it could be that not many buyers are interested in the item, second, the item may seem rare when it's first listed, then when another is listed a week later, people probably get the impression that the item is more common than they thought.

I didn't think/know Bukowski had ever been to Detroit, is there any reference to him being in the MOTOR CITY? Did he visit/stay during his 'travel/wandering' days...
Oct. 31, 1974 - that was near the beginning of a period of a few years when he did most of his live readings. His wandering days were roughly 1942 through 44.

OK, Have now found some Updated Links - the site has moved to: http://www.ubu.com

These sound files are samples from the Dial-A-Poem Poets Totally Corrupt LP, 1976.

Let me list the poems that Bukowski reads, with info taken from the current Bukowski.net Database

1. Cloud Nine - [Cloud 9, The Wormwood Review Vol. 16 No. 2 Issue 62 - pg. 78 - 1976]
  2. I Live in a Neighborhood of Murderers - [Love is a Dog From Hell - pg. 227 - 1977]
  3. Two Horse Collars - [2 Horse Collars, Bone Palace Ballet - pg. 165 - 1997]
  4. Christ -
  5. You'll Never Know - [Slouching Toward Nirvana - pg. 257 - 2005]
  6. The Closing of the Topless And Bottomless Bars - [the closing of the bottomless bar, the night torn mad with footsteps - pg. 150 - 2001]

And here are those UPDATED MP3 links (just the Bukowski ones)

Cloud 9 / I Live in a Neighborhood of Murderers / 2 Horse Collars

Christ / You'll Never Know / The Closing of the Topless And Bottomless Bars

There's lots more poetry including a large MP3 archive at http://www.ubu.com

A poem titled "Christ" appeared in a 1974 issue of the LA Freep. I don't have time to double check whether it's the same poem or not, but I would say it is.

"Christ" does come from the LA Freep, August 30, 1974. Other poems from that issue are "Rexal Cute-Rate: 4:30 p.m.", "August", "some men are islands", "The Fulfillment", and "you'll never know".

Rexal (not Rexall?) Cute-Rate (not cut-rate?). Anyrate that's the title as it's printed.

(I'm gettin' there, cirerita, I'm gettin' there. Still stuck with the "hyena" and various other tasks, you know.)

Re: Bukowski's reading featured on the Corrupt Poets LP...
....the credit reads MCCC-TV Studio, Detroit, Oct. 31, 1974 - Anyone have any info on this TV recording? Anyone seen any footage??

Just read in (the forthcoming) 'More Notes' a story about the trip to Detroit in '74. Interesting read. Bukowski has a reading in front of lights and cameras at the college studio and a book signing 'gig' the following day at a local bookshop.

The timeline has the details of this reading and signing event: MCCC-TV (Macomb County Community College), Warren, MI 31 Oct 1974 and Paperbacks Unlimited, Ferndale, MI.

I still wonder what happened to the video/film...

There is a sealed copy on eBay for $19.95 if anyone is interested. I don't have room and the wife is threatening divorce the next time a Buk package arrives at the door. Sales have been anemic...

My wife knows better than I do. I wasn't critiquing her. She knows a dragon-chaser when she sees one, even if it's only old paper and ink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back