What is a good whiskey? (1 Viewer)

I never had a Red Bull except the high gravity Schlitz version that was around for a while in the 90's. But that was malt liquor, not soda.

I generally dont mix my whiskey unless I'm concealing my drinking...at which point anything will do...tea, cola, OJ.

Whiskey...

ah...im currently sitting with a glass full of 10 year old Scottish whiskey- Glenmorangie. Laphroig is lovely too.

Irish whiskeys though, can't be beat.

Black Bush, or 10 year single malt Bushmills. Jameson have some pretty badass whiskeys. But being honest- Hankey Bannister will do. (cheap as dirt)

to mix Whiskey is a sin. Straight and simple. Drink whiskey straight- add ice or water if its bothering you that muhc. but whats the point of fucking up the taste?

well being honest- you can drink whiskey- which tastes good.

or you can drink sugary piss water that comes in tiny bottles and gets you drunk after 20 or so of said...

that being said beer is fine...wine is wonderful...but there are so many gammy tasting drinks out there that will get you fucked, but you just dont want them because of the taste...

i guess?

C'mon, be honest; theres no doubt that some booze is better than others, but we're not drinking it for the taste.

While my purpose may not be the best taste, I try to reserve my choices to good single malts, blended scotch (Johnnie Red or Black, sometimes (rarely) Green); decent red wine, decent sparkling whites, or decent beer. So taste is a major consideration.

But, if I were desperate, I'd live without the taste, for sure.
to mix Whiskey is a sin. Straight and simple. Drink whiskey straight- add ice or water if its bothering you that muhc. but whats the point of fucking up the taste?

Well forgive me Father because I have sinned!
As much as I like single malts such as Talisker, Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Caol Ila, budget demands use of blended scotch. Mixing is the proper way to go here.

Well forgive me Father because I have sinned!
As much as I like single malts such as Talisker, Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Caol Ila, budget demands use of blended scotch. Mixing is the proper way to go here.

of course its a personal thing...a preference....i guess I'm fine drinking piss whiskey straight since i started young enough drinking the shit under bridges and in fields with friends....(ahhhh memories!) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back