• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Will Trade Books for Website Work (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi,
I am looking for someone to redesign my website (www.bospress.net) and will trade Bukowski books for the work. I have some signed and first edition books that I will trade. I want to keep the same basic look and it would not be more involved than 8 web pages. I would like to be able to make adds/changes on the fly myself but do not know html. This is why I have used MS Publisher to deign my current website. It may be one of the worst programs for web design, but I can make changes announcing new books and other changes without having to ask someone else to make the change. Am I out of my mind? Do I want something that is not possible and am I best served by just keeping MS Publisher?

Anyone interested, please e-mail me at [email protected].

I am confusing myself with all of this talk about websites...

Best,
Bill

Hi,
I actually know a little HTML, but not enough to do a website that will look better than a 10 year old's personal website. By using MS Publisher, I am able to get decent results (I have seen worse, but I have seen much better). The advantage of doing it the way that I do is that I can make changes as I need them done.

Best,
Bill

The problem with Publisher is your site doesn't work in Firefox, and that's about one in 5 visitors.

I wish I could help you, but no time. You might consider a CMS (content management system)...the install would take a bit of tweaking, and the appearance, but once it was up you'd be able to change/add things through a web browser.

Something like Mambo (http://www.mamboserver.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=116) or Joomla (http://demo.joomla.org/demo10/)...I've never installed them, but they are very popular.

I would recommend something like those over a homegrown back end like GPP or a custome made site, because it's easier for one person to handle.

Like mjp I'd recommend a CMS for your purposes.
Mambo/Joomla is alright and very popular.
At a friend's company, where they do these things, they use TYPO3 now, which is more professional.
If it's really only a few pages, I guess I could make a deal with 'em, that'll suit you.

Hi,
Thanks to all who replied. The website is being redesigned as we speak. The website will be viewab le on all browsers! That will be noce.

Again, thanks to everyone!

Bill

Hi Bill
When do you go live?

btw - are you going to tie your .com to your .net as you seem to have 2 separate sites right now.
Double hosting fees :eek:

Hi,
www.bospress.net is now revised and up and running. One of our forum members designed it and gave me exactly what I was looking for. Plus It can actually be seen by those NOT using ie!

Please let me know if you see anything that needs adjusting.

Thanks to everyone for thier replies and offer to assist and to Chris for a great website!

Best,
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back