YouTube Video - One for the Shoeshine Man (2 Viewers)

I doubt if kids still make toothpick houses, but I'm old enough and from a hick enough town to have done it. I never got as elaborate as you did - I'd only seen surfboards on TV - but I could still make a good square wall if you need one.

I grew up in Southern California -- hardly a hick town -- and all us kids made toothpick houses. Maybe it was a 50s thing. Surfboards were everywhere, as were Tiki themed bars. It was a natural choice to go Tiki village with the toothpicks. None of which has anything to do with Bukowski. I did a quick Google search and didn't see any toothpick Tiki villages and only a few toothpick houses. Maybe I should build a new one for the cultural record. I'll just add that to the long list of stuff I don't have time to do.

Well, I must just add, that this thread was one of the funniest I've read. I'm not sure I have ever laughed as hard, while at work when the $500.00, goats, and beans comment was made. Classic.

Yeah, but most of the posts where consisted of petty, somewhat enjoyable bickering, and toothpick architecture discussion more so than how much the video sucked and was a waste of anyone's time who took part in it's creation, and anyone who was forced somehow by Satan to watch it, and anyone who directly or through a second or third party or by Satan was then so inclined to have to think about watching this queef of a vid.

Peace and Love and Conformity!

I know this thread is older than the Cheetos stuck in Courtney Love's underpants, but I just noticed this:
and putting his work to music can't be a bad thing as he did so himself in his album "bukowski lives"
Just a note for Google, eternity and the ages; Bukowski did not make an album of his poems set to music.

So please don't point your Apple pocket-beamer at some site and download Bukowski Lives! thinking it's a project that Bukowski had anything to do with.

That's better. Carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back