perry bible fellowship - bukowski? (1 Viewer)

PBF222-Gamblin_Man.jpg

Anyone else think the latest PBF comic has Bukowski in it? Looks like him, a place he'd be seen at, and he's the only detailed character in the comic so there's probably a reason.

Maybe I'm reaching....

Hank also writes somewhere, my memory says, in a poem i think, too, that he once tried to escape by betting a large amount of cash on one horse.

It broke through the fence during the race, he lost all money, of course.
And then he fell to his knees, in front of the betting-window and started crying.
-
What a pure being.

greets.

No doubt about it; that is Hank. I can see him betting on one of those pink ponies with wings. My daughters had dozens of those things (toys, I mean) when they were little. I was always supergluing broken wings back on ponies. Somehow, it fits with Buk at the track. Nice find.

Old topic, but I just finally saw this comic strip, and actually got redirected to this thread, and I couldn't believe how much this looks and reminds me of Bukowski.

No doubt about it; that is Hank. I can see him betting on one of those pink ponies with wings. My daughters had dozens of those things (toys, I mean) when they were little. I was always supergluing broken wings back on ponies. Somehow, it fits with Buk at the track. Nice find.

Robot Chicken had a short called "Apocalypse Ponies." I'm sure it's on YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back