• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

2 Bukowski hardcover first editions (1 Viewer)

jordan

lothario speedwagon
Shakespeare Never Did This - Black Sparrow edition, limited to 1000, green cloth spine. Fine condition in VG mylar dustjacket.

Betting on the Muse - limited to 1000, gray cloth spine. Near Fine except for previous owner's bookplate. Mylar dustjacket is wrinkled.

$65 each, or $120 for both. Shipping is $5 for one or both. I'll put them up on eBay in a couple days if no one is interested.

Please note: a rude email deriding my prices only humiliates you, not me.

I think your prices are wonderful and that you are a wonderful man. Angels are trumpeting the goodess expressed in your gold and glowing soul.

well, i decided that i HAD to keep that photographer's copy... i bought it with the intention of reselling it, but jesus christ, how do you sell fucking montfort's copy of that book? so i need a little money to offset the cost.

i've still got a copy of you get so alone - hardcover trade edition, in fine condition - that i'm selling for $50 shipped. any takers?

if its a first (you get so alone), i'll take it, plus some dough for shipping.

edit. oh, is it this one? if so, let me think it over.

it is indeed that one. it's a printing from the 90's- i don't know exactly which one. i got it on eBay last year for around $45, but then i bought a first edition, so i don't particularly need this one anymore.

I think your prices are wonderful and that you are a wonderful man. Angels are trumpeting the goodness expressed in your gold and glowing soul.

Jordan; That looks like quite a heavenly compliment.
962816lr.gif

well, i decided that i HAD to keep that photographer's copy... i bought it with the intention of reselling it, but jesus christ, how do you sell fucking montfort's copy of that book?

Yeah that would be tough to part with... I'd say you're making the right choice keeping that one.

yeah, 65 USD was a fair price.
only I wonder: how come a first ed of a 1978-book has the same price as a first ed of a posthumous book?

it is indeed that one. it's a printing from the 90's- i don't know exactly which one. i got it on eBay last year for around $45, but then i bought a first edition, so i don't particularly need this one anymore.

I saw a copy of that today at Powell's and they wanted $80 for it. I couldn't believe it. Seemed well overpriced to me...

Whatever the market will bear. I'd make a wild guess at $300 to $500. Bear in mind I haven't read the description of it, at least recently.

Am I too high on this?

i think david's about right on that (assuming we're talking about the BSP edition). i like that the numbered edition comes with an actual photo print developed in a darkroom, and not just another silkscreen. the thing is, lettered copies of any book (except beerspit night and cursing) are pretty expensive - usually at least $300 unless there's a glut on eBay or whatever - and this book is that much more rare than the lettered copies. i asked $400 for it, and the market didn't bear it, but i still think it's worth that much.

. . . and this book is that much more rare than the lettered copies. i asked $400 for it, and the market didn't bear it, but i still think it's worth that much.

That would be the starting bid, I think jordan.
You just don't come across Montfort's copy of that.
It's one of those one-of-a-kind things you
just hang onto.

Anyway, it's a great thing, I'm glad you have it, I
know how much you appreciate books, and I'm
jealous. ;)

--
Okay,
Father Luke

i'm going to write a blog entry about some of these new bukowski books i've picked up recently (with pics, of course), so i'll link it here when it's done. i don't have the money to buy them right now, but the opportunity to pick up publisher's copies or photographer's copies - esp at these prices - isn't one i expect to have again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back