A Bukowski reader with 'L' plates (1 Viewer)

Hi all Buk followers, my names Alex. I've had a quick browse of the boards here and I see I've got ALOT to read up on! It seems there are a lot of knowledgeable people around here so I hope to pick up on some of that with regards to further Buk reading.

Needless to say I've only been aware of Bukowski for about a year. I was studying an anthology of American verse in my literature class, finding what my lecturer called the 'staple' poets to be on the whole un-inspiring. I stumbled across Buk's poem 'No Lady Godiva' and it hit me somewhere special.:eek:

Without rambling on too much more I'd just like to say hello to everyone. I hope that I can learn more about Buk's work and meet some good people around here.

Woop!

Hello. You're right, there's lots of good reading here. So get busy!

hi and welcome.
you've come to the right place.
take a seat, have a drink, relax, enjoy.
you'll love it here.

Ditto. It's refreshing to have a student sign in, say hello, and not come right out and ask for help with their homework. You get 25 bonus points for that.
There's some good stuff to read in here.

Where are you from?

Bonus points?! Thank you Gerard! I'm from the UK, living in London right now. How about yourself? Theres a big American contingent here I'd assume...?

Thanks for all your kind replies, and Hank i'm onto it!

I live in So California east of LA right next to a place called green acres. It would be nice to go see London some day. I believe there is some good food in England. I have only been reading Bukowski for two years. There are a lot of Canadians here too.

Welcome to the forum, Krinn! If you want to get into Bukowski you've come to the right place.

There are a lot of Canadians here too.

And some Europeans too! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back