A Bukowski Zine 2017

Discussion in 'Support the small press' started by Dirtydoh, Jun 5, 2017.

1. OK...so there has been a Bukowski zine but I am thinking of a one-off zine with pieces dedicated to the man himself including poetry/essays/fiction/art/photographs etc.

I am seeing more and more people get excited for Bukowski so I want to put together a little something.

Anyone interested in contributing?

2. skiroomalum

skiroomalum See that bank? Used to be a cigar store... Redwood Original Unholy Ones

Money or bad poetry?

PhillyDave and LickTheStar like this.
  3. The latter...obviously

PhillyDave likes this.
  4. PhillyDave

PhillyDave “The essential doesn't change.” Beckett Redwood Original Unholy Ones

Bad poetry? That I can do... How bad need it be? I can get pretty awful. All kidding aside I was considering doing the same but writing all the poetry myself and putting fake names to the various poems but then "My ambition is handicapped by my laziness." and I didn't do a thing except write bad poetry for myself and the occasional good poem for the wife.

5. I would be more than interested to read your bad/good poetry.

Poetry about love is always a blast.

6. PhillyDave

That's interesting you would say that. I have a tricky time with poetry about love. Don't quite find it a blast. Love and poetry about love. But it is a part of life. Not gonna ignore it either.

7. Not even Bukowski's girlfriend comparing his wind to a fog horn? That is pretty romantic.

PhillyDave likes this.
  8. PhillyDave

Don't get me wrong. There is poetry about love I like, sure. But lots of folks, it seems, who don't know a lot about poetry, automatically link love & poetry and I don't automatically do that.

9. d gray

d gray tried to do his best but could not First 9 Redwood Original Unholy Ones

where's randy page when you need him...

Johannes likes this.
  10. Well...if anyone is interested...you can also visit the site wolfwych.com

Untitled-1.jpg

11. I have bad poetry to spare. My readers can attest to this.

12. PhillyDave

Bad poetry, Buk inspired? Me too. i'll check when I get home tonite. Why not?

13. I will submit my 2 cents

14. please, don't stop believin' in originality. Do it.
    Just be aware, it happened before.
    Only 2 examples:

2-buk-tributes.jpg

Joseph K and zobraks like this.
  15. Roni, are they any good? Any names we'd know?

16. JoeK, You Bet !!

Silver-Birch-Press_TOC.jpg

(that's the Silver-Birch-book)

Also some well-known kids in the other one:

LastCall-TOC_b.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  17. Some good names indeed! Thanks, Roni. :)

18. A number of the people you have X'd are now sadly deceased....is there something we should know Roni?

LickTheStar likes this.
  19. Do you think Abel should be changing his doorlocks, Mr Lally?

LickTheStar and pig ear press like this.
  20. I could tell you, but then I had to kill you.