• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

A LOT of Bukowski Books including Signed and 1sts (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi,
I have the following items for sale. Some have been offered before, but I have lowered the prices on those books. There are also a LOT of items that I have not listed before. The plan is to use any funds raised from the sale of these books to help fund some very cool Bottle of Smoke Press projects.. Email me at [email protected] if interested.

Bill

"A" Items - Books
The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over the Hills. PB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 1969. Some grubbiness to the wrappers on this one. In general it is in nice shape, but the owner of this one read it and was not too bothered with it looking read. The cover has discoloration and a couple small stains. It is better than a reading copy, but not in great collectable condition. Still, if you don't want to drop $1200 on a signed first, this is a nice copy to have. $ 70 $60 SOLD

Fire Station. PB 2nd Printing. Capra Press 1970. Some general minor wear and some fool drew a couple "Kilroy was here drawings" in the book. I'll send this one out with the clamshell that houses it. $80 for the book and clamshell.

Post Office. PB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 1971. Some browning to the spine, wrappers, and the edges of the paper. This looks like they used a paper that was not acid free. Corners are pretty sharp, but with a bit of wear. A pretty copy of this scarce book. $175 $155 SOLD

Mockingbird Wish Me Luck. PB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 1972. Slight discoloration on this one. I think that is because of the paper being acidic or this being stored next to a book that was acidic. Very slight, but there. $100.00 $85.00 SOLD

Factotum - 1st edition, 1st printing, Trade Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1975. One of only 1000 copies. Ever so slight bump to the bottom board, but nothing bad. Really a beautiful copy of this hard to find book. $200 SOLD

South of No North. HB 2nd . Black Sparrow Press 1975. As there was no trade edition, this the first trade printing of this book, preceded by a signed limited edition. As New $125 SOLD

Love is a Dog from Hell - 1st edition, 1st printing, Trade Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1977. One of only 750 copies. Near fine. $200 SOLD

Dangling in the Tournefortia - 1st edition, 1st printing, Trade Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1981. One of only 750 copies. Fine. $150 $130

Hot Water Music - 1st edition, 1st printing, Trade Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1983. One of only 750 copies. Some light foxing to the text edges. $130 SOLD

There's No Business. HB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 1984. One of 400 copies of the first trade edition. Some shelf wear at the top and bottom. Not too bad, but not fresh. Dj has some scuffing. $80 $70

Barfly: The Continuing Saga of Henry Chinaski - 1st edition, 1st printing, SIGNED Hardcover edition (Signature is missing from this one. Not removed, but NEVER tipped into this copy.) #118/200 with red cloth spine. Paget Press 1984. Ever so slight shelf wear to the bottom boards. $150 SOLD

The Movie: Barfly - 1st edition, 1st printing, Trade Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1987. One of only 5000 copies. Damn near perfect as far as I can tell. $135 $125

A Visitor Complains of My Disenfranchise. 1st Edition. Illuminati Press 1987. One of 225 copies. As new. $115 SOLD

Hollywood - 1st edition, 1st printing, Trade Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1989. One of only 1000 copies. Slight paint spot to the bottom back of the boards. Email for photo of this. Otherwise very, very clean and pretty. $80 SOLD

Septuagenarian Stew: Stories & Poems - 1st edition, 1st printing, SIGNED Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1990. One of only 500 copies. This is #441 of 500. Decent strange bump to the front bottom corner. Email me for a photo. $200 SOLD

Pulp. HB 2nd printing. Black Sparrow Press 1994. Minor general wear and two dinged corners, with scuffed dustjacket.
A nice, but slightly flawed copy. $30

Shakespeare Never Did This. HB SIGNED 1st. Black Sparrow Press 1995. Signed by Michael Montfort. #76 of 301 copies. As new $200 $170

Bone Palace Ballet. HB 1st Trade. Black Sparrow Press 1997. Near fine. $55 $50 SOLD

The Captain is Out To Lunch - 1st edition, 1st printing, Signed Hardcover edition. Signed by R. Crumb. Black Sparrow Press 1998. One of only 400 signed copies. This is #109. AS NEW. $150 SOLD

Reach for the Sun - 1st edition, 1st printing, Hardcover with Serigraph edition. Black Sparrow Press 1999. One of only 350 copies. This is 316 of 350. Contains an (unsigned) serigraph print of a woman. VERY slight bump to front right corner. $90 sold

What Matters Most Is How You Walk Through The Fire. HB 1st Deluxe with serigraph. #51 of 350 copies. As new $100 $90

Open All Night, HB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 2000. #305 of 400 copies with serigraph print. As New $85 $80

The Night Torn Mad, HB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 2001. #42 of 500 with serigraph print. As new $75 $70 SOLD

Beerspit Night And Cursing, Black Sparrow Press 2001, #173 of 500. With Serigraph. As new. $55

Slouching Toward Nirvana - HB 1st. Ecco 2005. As New. DJ has some folds on the inside. $10

The Roominghouse Madrigals - 1st edition, 8th printing, Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1998. Bump to Corner $35

Ham on Rye - 1st Edition, Hardcover trade edition. 1/750 copies. Black Sparrow Press 1992. Condition some foxing to the top of the book. $175.00 SOLD

Cooney New Year Card (1992). Previously unpublished letter on single sheet, folded twice. $20

Bring Me Your Love - PB 1st edition, 1st printing. Near Fine. $20

Jaggernaut, 1st Edition paperback. As new $30 $20

Blow 6, 1st edition, 2nd printing in green wraps. Near Fine $20 SOLD

Going Modern - 1st edition, 1st printing. 1/500 copies. Excellent condition. $20 SOLD

The New Censorship V3 N1, April 1992. Near Fine $25

There's No Business, 9th printing from 1993. Black Sparrow Press $5

Run with the Hunted - HB 1st trade edition from Harper Collins. Excellent $15 $10

Open Bukowski - Comb Bound. Only edition $75 $70

Beerspit Night and Cursing. Advance galley proof Comb-bound $115

Poop - X-Ray Book Co., 2003. First edition. Thirteen 7 x 5 inch color photographs of Bukowski by
Michael Montfort, held together by the letterpress-printed long broadside, "Poop," a previously-unpublished
poem by Bukowski. Afterword by Gerry Locklin. One of 100 numbered copies. X-Ray FotoProject No. 1. $135.00 $125.00

Last edited by a moderator:
the list is so long that I had to split it up. Here are more items:

"A" Items - Broadsides

Playing it Out, Toothpaste Press $15
If We Take. 1994. Rancho Santiago College. $40
The Word 1998. X Ray Book Co $20
Our Bones. 2004. X-Ray Book Co $15
Democracy. 2001. X-Ray Book Co. $25
Waste. 2003. X-Ray Book Co., $25
Be cool, fool. 2002. X-Ray Book Co. $15
Love Poem To Marina. 1973. Black Sparrow Press $25
My Cats. 2003. Verdant Press $25
Talking to My Mailbox. 1984. Black Sparrow Press. $20
Pastoral, 1991. Limberlost Press $65
Husk. Three different variations. On brown, grey, green. $80 for all three
The Bluebird. 1991. Black Sparrow Press $25
Poop. 2003. X-Ray Book Co. $30
Democracy. 2007. Ecco $55
A Bukowski Poetry Contest. 1999. Black Sparrow Press $10
Women's Lib Poster. 1988. Pearl (some water damage to the top left.) $10
Play the Piano Drunk, 1979, Black Sparrow Press $30
There's No Business, 1984, Black Sparrow Press $35
Bring Me Your Love, 1983, Black Sparrow Press $25
Ham on Rye, 1982, Black Sparrow Press $20
Chilled Green, Alternative Press 1970, $35
86'd broadside in Nitty Gritty magazine, whole magazine included $45
9 folios from "Cruelty of Loveless love" all lacking photos. $10 each, $70 for all 9 folios

Magazines
Wormwood Review 14. "beerbottle" & "What to do with contributor's copies"$20
Wormwood Review 120, "Slicing Hell" & "The Darlings" #34 of 70 copies signed by Steve Richmond $30
Open City #74, 1968 "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Open City #84, 1969 "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Open City #90, 1969, "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Nola Express #111, 1972 "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Nola Express #134, 1973, "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Nola Express #145, 1974, "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Nola Express #114, 1972 "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Nola Express #39, 1969. Interesting reading, but no Bukowski in this one... $15
Art Crimes (1990's?) 5 Buk poems. "upon Reading An Interview With A Bestselling Novelist in the Metropolitan Daily", "bar", "Somebody Else", "Change Over" & "Goodbye" Some water staining to the bottom of the text, but super rare. I got this directly from the publisher in Cleveland. $15
Piece and pieces LARGE perfect bound anthology 1973. "The Angel Who Pushed His Wheelchair", "The Fisherman" $20
Magazine 5 #47 of 500. "Heat" Magazines includes chapbooks in a box. Very cool $115
Swakal/79. In Hindi and English. Letterpress printed mag from India. "A Radio With Guts", 2347 Duane", "The Night I Was Going To Die" $30
X-Ray #3, " A Friendly Place (Broadside)", "Self Portrait of Inner-Man", , $400
X-Ray #7 "The Word", $110
X-ray #8, "Democracy" $120
X-Ray #9 "Waste" , $150
Spread 18. Sheet folded twice. "After The Sandstorm" 1/50 copies for the friends of John Martin. $5
Triad January 1975. Music magazine. Has 2 page review of Bukowski reading called "Who Am I Bukowski?" $15
San Francisco Review of Books, April 1979, Buk on cover. Review of "Women". $10
4 Poets , Synasthesia Press "A Depressive State of Affairs..." #242/243 $15
Rise and Fall #7. A Radio with Guts", "Flophouse" Recent mag from San Pedro. $5
Arcade #3. Fall 1975. "Bebop Against That Curtain" Comix with one Buk story illustrated by Crumb. $20
Big Mouth #1 - "My German Buddy" Buk story illustrated by Moriarty. $5
Big Mouth #2 - "Waving Flag of Snot" Buk story illustrated by Moriarty. $5
Big Mouth #3 - "Party" Buk story illustrated by Moriarty. $5
Writers outside the Margin - Water Row Books. "excerpt from Notes..." Signed by the editor $10

Books about Bukowski
Lament for Bukowski - Broadside by Al Purdy and signed by him. Q/26 copies. $50
The Buk Book. $5
Tough Company, Tom Russell w/ Letters by Bukowski $10
Elms Lesters Celebrates $5
Bukowski in the Bathtub $5
Hank. Hardcover 1st some wear to justjacket. Random House. Signed by Neeli $15
Charles Bukowski by Barry Miles, 1st edition. As new. Biography $10
Against the American Dream, Russell Harrison. HB 1st #51/100. As new. $30
Against the American Dream, Russell Harrison, PB 1st, slight wear $5
Sure #2 $5
Sure #7 $5
Bukowski Review Two $5
Bukowski Review Three $5
Bukowski Boulevard by Joan Jobe Smith $10
Carl Weissner, Charles Bukowski's Secret Agent. Beat Scene Books $5
Charles Bukowski Letters to Beat Scene. $5
Rexroth, Bukowski and the Politics of Literature, Ben Pleasants. Signed by him. $5
Charles Bukowski and Alpha Beat Press 1988-1994. Crease to book. $5
Transit 8, Beat Scene Books. Buk on Cover and essay on collecting Buk by Kevin Ring $5
Jack Kerouac, Charles Bukowski and me by Chris Challis. Poorly conceived chapbook. $5
Beat Scene 42. Buk on cover. $10
Beat Scene March 2004. All Bukowski issue. $10
Firsts Magazine Jan 1995. Collecting Bukowski. $5
FBI Files - 1st Trade edition from 12 Gauge Press. Minor cover wear. $15
FBI Files - Editors manuscript copy. 1/5 copies. Signed by Montfort. 12 Gauge Press. Issued without a cover. $75
FBI Files. Publisher unknown. $15
Under the Influence. Catalog 25 from Water Row Books. #40/300 copies. Drawings by Buk and photographs of him in this very well-done catalog. $50

Foreign Editions
Pferdefleisch, Horsemeat. Large German hardcover. HB 1st. Corner bumps. $75
Holivuda. Hardcover edition from Latvia $15
(Unknown title) Hardcover from Russia $10
(Unknown title) Paperback from Iran $5
(Unknown Title) Paperback from Middle East $5
Playboy Interview 2. Paperback from Netherlands. $5

Ephemera
Summer 1939 Yearbook. Famous senior yearbook shot of Bukowski $175
Funeral Announcement. $150
Barfly Press Kit (Missing poster) $5
The Curtains are Waiving.... Cover only. Seems to be an overrun from the printer $10
Bukowski Serigraph by Crumb $10
Woman Serigraph by Bukowski $10
Christmas card published in Ireland in 1988. 1/1000 copies. $3 (I have 7 of these)
Photo of Buk flashing peace sign at cemetery. 8x10, possibly digitally printed $5
Photo of Buk's grave 8x10 $5
Flier announcing 2nd international Charles Bukowski Symposium in 2000. $5
Flier announcing video for 1972 Bukowski reading. No idea on this one. Could be recently Xeroxed or could be old. $5
Art Survival and So Forth. Flier announcing book. $3
Flexi Disc from Beat Scene. Buk reads 1 poems. $5
Lune Froide (legal sized) poster from Japan. Spells his name BUKOWSKY $5
Run with the Hunted. Flier announcing release $3
Born into This poster. About 11x17" $6

Hi Bill,
I'll take the following:
The Curtains are Waiving.... Cover only. Seems to be an overrun from the printer $10
Woman Serigraph by Bukowski $10
Christmas card published in Ireland in 1988. 1/1000 copies. $3 (JUST 1)
Chilled Green, Alternative Press 1970, $35

Thanks,
Mike

Bill: I'll take Bukowski in the Bathtub for $5. Unless someone already emailed you about it. Will do that later today.

bill - what's the image of the buk/crumb serigraph?

is it the head with blue shirt and orange buildings behind him?

Bukowski, Bukowski, Everywhere I look, Bukowski.

I just found these and figured that I'd list them too...

A Fine Man A Fine Book. Mutant Drone Press 1982. True first of this extremely rare little book. #15 of 50 copies. $100.

Remembering Hank on his 80th Birthday. One poem broadside booklet. The most common of the birthday greetings $5

Remembering Hank on his 83rd Birthday, Ecco 2003. Poem is "the Gods are Good". Very uncommon $15

Celebrating Hank on his 85th Birthday, Ecco 2005. Poem is "no leaders, please". Very uncommon $15

Happy 86th Birthday Hank, Ecco 2006. Poem is "sun coming down". Very uncommon $15

Penguin Modern Poets 13. 1969. PB 1st. Damn sharp copy. The nicest that I have seen. $15

Drinking with Bukowksi; Recollection s of the Poet Laureate of Skid Row. Marked as remainder
copy. Otherwise fine. $8

Visceral Bukowksi by Ben Pleasants. Excellent save a bump to the corner. $8

Beat Scene 16. Excerpt from the then unpublished novel "pulp". Crease to cover $5

Manuscript - When the Scars of Youth Become the Marks of Character 1994. Marked as ADVANCE PROOF on the containing folder. Included in the package is the magazine "caffeine" where this center section tribute appeared. $50

I'm Bukowski, and then? - Beat Scene Press. A book by a guy looking for Bukowski $5

Drivers License - Replica of Hank's California Driver's License. Back prints info from the Elms Lesters show. $5

5 Postcards - Black Sparrow Press $5

I Pour a Drink and Toast Love - Broadside, 2001 Black Sparrow Press. Postcard sized. $5

Refrigerator Magnet set - Published by Ecco. Includes words like WHORE, MADNESS, DARK, CHINASKI, JAIL, DEATH, ASSHOLE,... Unbroken, but you could break the words apart and try to write a bad Buk poem. $15

Abstract Serigraph by Bukowski dated 5-25-65, (but printed much later) $10

Self Portrait of Inner-Man. X-Ray Book Co. Primitive self portrait of Buk. Printed thermographically. $5

A Couple of Winos. Comic Book. Not sure if this is a 1st or later printing $5

John Register postcard announcing silkscreen of "Hollywood, 1989" that was used on the cover of
the Bukowski book. Also mentions a limited edition silkscreen signed by him and Buk. This is NOT signed. $5

That is it, unless I start opening up more boxes....

Bill

Firstly, Wow! Bill, some great stuff here.
Can't wait to see the Bottle of Smoke projects that they will surely be funding.
And secondly,...
More boxes?!

I may start doing them again at some point, but until I get caught up, I will not make anyone happy by offering to do these..

Bill

Fire Station. PB 2nd Printing. Capra Press 1970. Some general minor wear and some fool drew a couple "Kilroy was here drawings" in the book.

No no no no no!!! If you want it to sell, you say that Bukowski probably drew a couple of "Kilroy was here" drawings in the book. And if it wasn't Bukowski who drew them, everyone knows that Bukowski LOVED "Kilroy was here" drawings, so it's the same thing. You should know that by now, Bill.

Ha! You are right. I also need to change the listing on those grubby paperbacks. I'm sure that they were Bukwoski's reading copies and the grime is his, wine stains, etc....

How are things with you?

Bill

Revised list with sold items removed and prices dropped on some items...

"A" Items - Books

The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over the Hills. PB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 1969. Some grubbiness to the wrappers on this one. $ 60 SOLD

Post Office. PB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 1971. Some browning to the spine, wrappers, and the edges of the paper. $155 SOLD

Mockingbird Wish Me Luck. PB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 1972. Slight discoloration on this one. I think that is because of the paper being acidic or this being stored next to a book that was acidic. $85.00 SOLD

Fire Station. PB 2nd Printing. Capra Press 1970. Some general minor wear and some fool drew a couple "Kilroy was here drawings" in the book. I'll send this one out with the clamshell that houses it. $80 for the book and clamshell.

Dangling in the Tournefortia - 1st edition, 1st printing, Trade Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1981. One of only 750 copies. Fine. $130

There's No Business. HB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 1984. One of 400 copies of the first trade edition. Some shelf wear at the top and bottom. Dj has some scuffing. $70

The Movie: Barfly - 1st edition, 1st printing, Trade Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1987. One of only 5000 copies. Damn near perfect as far as I can tell. $125

Septuagenarian Stew: Stories & Poems - 1st edition, 1st printing, SIGNED Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1990. One of only 500 copies. This is #441 of 500. Decent strange bump to the front bottom corner. $200 SOLD

Pulp. HB 2nd printing. Black Sparrow Press 1994. Minor general wear and two dinged corners, with scuffed DJ. $30

Shakespeare Never Did This. HB SIGNED 1st. Black Sparrow Press 1995. Signed by Michael Montfort. #76 of 301 copies. As new $170

Bone Palace Ballet. HB 1st Trade. Black Sparrow Press 1997. Near fine. $50 SOLD

The Captain is Out To Lunch - 1st edition, 1st printing, Signed Hardcover edition. Signed by R. Crumb. Black Sparrow Press 1998. One of only 400 signed copies. This is #109. AS NEW. $150 SOLD

Reach for the Sun - 1st edition, 1st printing, Hardcover with Serigraph edition. Black Sparrow Press 1999. One of only 350 copies. This is 316 of 350. Contains an (unsigned) serigraph print of a woman. VERY slight bump to front right corner. $90 sold

What Matters Most Is How You Walk Through The Fire. HB 1st Deluxe with serigraph. #51 of 350 copies. As new $90

Open All Night, HB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 2000. #305 of 400 copies with serigraph print. As New $80

The Night Torn Mad, HB 1st. Black Sparrow Press 2001. #42 of 500 with serigraph print. As new $70 SOLD

Beerspit Night And Cursing, Black Sparrow Press 2001, #173 of 500. With Serigraph. As new. $55

Slouching Toward Nirvana - HB 1st. Ecco 2005. As New. DJ has some folds on the inside. $10

The Roominghouse Madrigals - 1st edition, 8th printing, Hardcover edition. Black Sparrow Press 1998. Bump to Corner $35

Cooney New Year Card (1992). Previously unpublished letter on single sheet, folded twice. $20

Bring Me Your Love - PB 1st edition, 1st printing. Near Fine. $20

Jaggernaut, 1st Edition paperback. As new $20

The New Censorship V3 N1, April 1992. Near Fine $25

There's No Business, 9th printing from 1993. Black Sparrow Press $5

Run with the Hunted - HB 1st trade edition from Harper Collins. Excellent $10

Open Bukowski - Comb Bound. Only edition $70

Beerspit Night and Cursing. Advance galley proof Comb-bound $115

Poop - X-Ray Book Co., 2003. First edition. Thirteen 7 x 5 inch color photographs of Bukowski by Michael Montfort, held together by the letterpress-printed long broadside, "Poop," 1 of 100 #d copies. X-Ray FotoProject No. 1. $125.00

A Fine Man A Fine Book. Mutant Drone Press 1982. True first of this extremely rare little book. #15 of 50 copies. $90.

"A" Items - Broadsides

Playing it Out, Toothpaste Press $15
If We Take. 1994. Rancho Santiago College. $30
Love Poem To Marina. 1973. Black Sparrow Press $25
My Cats. 2003. Verdant Press $25
Talking to My Mailbox. 1984. Black Sparrow Press. $20
Pastoral, 1991. Limberlost Press $65
Husk. Three different variations. On brown, grey, green. $80 for all three
Poop. 2003. X-Ray Book Co. $30
Democracy. 2007. Ecco $55
A Bukowski Poetry Contest. 1999. Black Sparrow Press $10
Women's Lib Poster. 1988. Pearl (some water damage to the top left.) $10
There's No Business, 1984, Black Sparrow Press $25
Bring Me Your Love, 1983, Black Sparrow Press $25
Ham on Rye, 1982, Black Sparrow Press $20
86'd broadside in Nitty Gritty magazine, whole magazine included $40
9 folios from "Cruelty of Loveless love" all lacking photos. $8 each, $60 for all 9 folios
Remembering Hank on his 80th Birthday. One poem broadside booklet. $5
Remembering Hank on his 83rd Birthday, Ecco 2003. "the Gods are Good". uncommon $15
Celebrating Hank on his 85th Birthday, Ecco 2005. "no leaders, please". Very uncommon $15
Happy 86th Birthday Hank, Ecco 2006. Poem is "sun coming down". Very uncommon $15

Magazines
Wormwood Review 14. "beerbottle" & "What to do with contributor's copies"$20
Wormwood Review 120, "Slicing Hell" & "The Darlings" #34 of 70 copies signed by Steve Richmond $30
Open City #74, 1968 "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Open City #84, 1969 "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Open City #90, 1969, "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Nola Express #111, 1972 "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Nola Express #134, 1973, "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Nola Express #145, 1974, "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Nola Express #114, 1972 "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" $15
Nola Express #39, 1969. Interesting reading, but no Bukowski in this one... $15
Art Crimes (1990's?) 5 Buk poems. "upon Reading An Interview With A Bestselling Novelist in the Metropolitan Daily", "bar", "Somebody Else", "Change Over" & "Goodbye" Some water staining to the bottom of the text, but super rare. I got this directly from the publisher in Cleveland. $15
Piece and pieces LARGE perfect bound anthology 1973. "The Angel Who Pushed His Wheelchair", "The Fisherman" $20
Magazine 5 #47 of 500. "Heat" Magazines includes chapbooks in a box. Very cool $100
Swakal/79. In Hindi and English. Letterpress printed mag from India. "A Radio With Guts", 2347 Duane", "The Night I Was Going To Die" $20
X-Ray #3, " A Friendly Place (Broadside)", "Self Portrait of Inner-Man", , $300
X-Ray #7 "The Word", $100
X-ray #8, "Democracy" $110
X-Ray #9 "Waste" , $140
Spread 18. Sheet folded twice. "After The Sandstorm" 1/50 copies for the friends of John Martin. $5
Triad January 1975. Music magazine. Has 2 page review of Bukowski reading called "Who Am I Bukowski?" $15
San Francisco Review of Books, April 1979, Buk on cover. Review of "Women". $10
4 Poets , Synasthesia Press "A Depressive State of Affairs..." #242/243 $15
Rise and Fall #7. A Radio with Guts", "Flophouse" Recent mag from San Pedro. $5
Arcade #3. Fall 1975. "Bebop Against That Curtain" Comix with one Buk story illustrated by Crumb. $15
Big Mouth #1 - "My German Buddy" Buk story illustrated by Moriarty. $5
Big Mouth #2 - "Waving Flag of Snot" Buk story illustrated by Moriarty. $5
Big Mouth #3 - "Party" Buk story illustrated by Moriarty. $5
Writers outside the Margin - Water Row Books. "excerpt from Notes..." Signed by the editor $10
A Couple of Winos. Comic Book. Not sure if this is a 1st or later printing $5

Books about Bukowski
Lament for Bukowski - Broadside by Al Purdy and signed by him. Q/26 copies. $50
The Buk Book. $5
Tough Company, Tom Russell w/ Letters by Bukowski $10
Elms Lesters Celebrates $5
Hank. Hardcover 1st some wear to justjacket. Random House. Signed by Neeli $15
Charles Bukowski by Barry Miles, 1st edition. As new. Biography $10
Against the American Dream, Russell Harrison. HB 1st #51/100. As new. $25
Against the American Dream, Russell Harrison, PB 1st, slight wear $5
Sure #2 $5
Sure #7 $5
Bukowski Review Two $5
Bukowski Review Three $5
Bukowski Boulevard by Joan Jobe Smith $5
Charles Bukowski Letters to Beat Scene. $5
Rexroth, Bukowski and the Politics of Literature, Ben Pleasants. Signed by him. $5
Charles Bukowski and Alpha Beat Press 1988-1994. Crease to book. $5
Transit 8, Beat Scene Books. Buk on Cover and essay on collecting Buk by Kevin Ring $5
Jack Kerouac, Charles Bukowski and me by Chris Challis. Poorly conceived chapbook. $5
Beat Scene 42. Buk on cover. $7
Beat Scene March 2004. All Bukowski issue. $7
Firsts Magazine Jan 1995. Collecting Bukowski. $5
FBI Files - 1st Trade edition from 12 Gauge Press. Minor cover wear. $15
FBI Files. Publisher unknown. $15
Under the Influence. Catalog 25 from Water Row Books. #40/300 copies. Drawings by Buk and photographs of him in this very well-done catalog. $50
Drinking with Bukowksi; Recollection s of the Poet Laureate of Skid Row. Marked as remainder copy. Otherwise fine. $5
Visceral Bukowksi by Ben Pleasants. Excellent save a bump to the corner. $8
Beat Scene 16. Excerpt from the then unpublished novel "pulp". Crease to cover $5
Manuscript - When the Scars of Youth Become the Marks of Character 1994. Marked as ADVANCE PROOF on the containing folder. Included in the package is the magazine "caffeine" where this center section tribute appeared. $50
I'm Bukowski, and then? - Beat Scene Press. A book by a guy looking for Bukowski $5

Foreign Editions
Pferdefleisch, Horsemeat. Large German hardcover. HB 1st. Corner bumps. $65
Holivuda. Hardcover edition from Latvia $10
(Unknown title) Hardcover from Russia $10
(Unknown title) Paperback from Iran $5
(Unknown Title) Paperback from Middle East $5
Playboy Interview 2. Paperback from Netherlands. $5

Ephemera
Funeral Announcement. $150
Barfly Press Kit (Missing poster) $5
Bukowski Serigraph by Crumb $10
Christmas card published in Ireland in 1988. 1/1000 copies. $3 (I have 7 of these)
Photo of Buk flashing peace sign at cemetery. 8x10, possibly digitally printed $5
Photo of Buk's grave 8x10 $5
Flier announcing 2nd international Charles Bukowski Symposium in 2000. $5
Flier announcing video for 1972 Bukowski reading. No idea on this one. Could be recently Xeroxed or could be old. $5
Art Survival and So Forth. Flier announcing book. $3
Flexi Disc from Beat Scene. Buk reads 1 poems. $5
Lune Froide (legal sized) poster from Japan. Spells his name BUKOWSKY $5
Run with the Hunted. Flier announcing release $3
Born into This poster. About 11x17" $6
Drivers License - Replica of Hank's California Driver's License. Back prints info from the Elms Lesters show. $5

Refrigerator Magnet set - Published by Ecco. Includes words like WHORE, MADNESS, DARK, CHINASKI, JAIL, DEATH, ASSHOLE,... Unbroken, but you could break the words apart and try to write a bad Buk poem. $15

Abstract Serigraph by Bukowski dated 5-25-65, (but printed much later) $10

John Register postcard announcing silkscreen of "Hollywood, 1989" that was used on the cover of the Bukowski book. Also mentions a limited edition silkscreen signed by him and Buk. This is NOT signed. $5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back