A new Charles Bukowski-inspired magazine (buk scene) (2 Viewers)

Great! I'm looking forward to receiving my copies. Kudos to both Black Swan and you for the enormous task this must have been!
Good luck to the both of you with BukScene No. 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everybody.

All copies; the numbered, lettered, and the special black & white editon have been sent.

Like I said before; really, black swan is the engine of buk scene 1.
W're already busy with buk scene 2.
Thanks everyone, hope you enjoy the mag.

Did you say busy with buk scene 2? Me an engine? you're the steam.

I am up for a vacation, holland style ?;)
What do you drink?

Maybe you said somewhere above, but do all copies have that gorgeous color cover, or just the lettered copies? Nice...

The 200 numbered and 26 lettered copies have the color cover.

The 26 special numbered back & white copies, well you know...
but with buk scene 1 in red letters and Gakaku Meat is ivory.

I wish I could read, this looks like such an interesting thread.

Congratulations Ponder and Black Swan.

Got mine today, thanks.

The pictures are nice. ;)

Looks like it is signed and numbered?

Hmmm.
114 pages from cover to cover.

Looks like I am going to have to get someone to
learn me how to read.

Thanks J&J.
I'm proud to be in this.

And thank you, FL!
I'll call you and read you a buk scene lullaby aloud.
And I'll teach you how to count to 112 or pages.
If we count to 114, your poems will appear on the left page ;)

I received my copies today, and well done, well done!

It reminds me of the old ATOM MIND magazine, because there is a lot of work in there, and a lot of good reading. You can't just glance at it and toss it aside. It will not allow for that. It also reminds me of AM because they had a "living poets" series that your Richmond section would have fit right into.

Great work. Ambitious, crazy, impossible, and you pulled it off. Not many can say that, and now you are among them. You should feel proud.

Very happy here, reading the comments. Thank you.

Nice to see you again FL, 'shoulders' was inspiring.

and mjp says it flies, which is just great.

Jan, I am loving Paris but I'll be home soon.

now I really can't wait to get mine. I'm guessing Monday. we don't get weekend mail here.

Got mine yesterday but I was at work and busy all evening so I'll look inside today. I did see the covers -- wow. What color! They look great in person.

Got my copies this morning too. The first words which came to mind was abundance and profusely illustrated!
Well done, Jan & Jocelyne!

I do remember you sent me a few poem stories, cunningham.
You said they were written a few hours ago. I could tell,
the ink was still wet. That's what they call; unpublished.
Thanks.

A buk scene reader, he looks like Tom, from myspace,
but it is someone else.

a- buk scene reader.jpg

Excellent work, J&J. It's chock full of all sorts of goodies. I'll be reading it a bit at a time and savoring it all - it's good to see a number of familiar names in there. A great start to Purple Glow Press.

So far, so good. A very nice tribute to Bukowski... and also a great continuation. A lot of good poets in this one (and other writers to boot)!

I agree with everyone here. Awesome work. It really looks and Smells Great. I haven't gotten to read all of it yet, I just got it today. But what I have read rocks and kicks some burly ass.... Thank you Jan and Jocelyne. :)

You're not alone. Can we be the brothers Jack? Went back to the well and found mine, too. Way cool. As I save all, including packages, I would not have found this until years later; thanks, Bill.

I got mine too now.
What's left to say about it, that hasn't already been praised here?
It's a wonderful mag with nice little details and fine content and excellent goodies (postcards, print). Everybody knows it.

Thanks !!!

I like the style & the spontanity of
the stroke but I miss the originality.
Let her stand on her head or so...
Correction: that would not be original
either.

I found it while I was going through Buk pics on Google.

It seems like Photobucket has deleted the pic here for some reason. I only see a text now saying, "This image or video violated or terms of use". I wonder why?

Probably the female genitalia.

Still, it is art and very tame. I cannot imagine that they are scared of a little vagina?
I think you're right, Bill! I just had a look at their Terms Of Use and found this:

#

8.3 exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
#

8.4 contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;

They must have an army of censors on the job 27/7. It took them less than 24 hours to remove that painting from my account - prudish bastards! :mad:

they're definitely scared of a big vagina.

Shit, I'm scared of big vagina too. We were talking about little vagina.

Bill

p.s. Have we gone off in the wrong direction? I bet Obama would think so....

p.p.s. This was ART, not nudity. Would they remove the Statue of David with his cock bared for all to see? What about Venus by Botticelli? That certainly shows titty.

You're absolutely right, Bill! It would be interesting to post some pics of the Statue of David and Venus, and see if they'll remove them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back