An Evening with the Blues (1 Viewer)

Last night, I ventured to a local cafe and sat in on a blues jam. Didn't play, I just enjoyed. It was almost a religious experience having blues blasted in my face and all around me. Can't describe it any other way except that I never knew it was so cool to be so sad.

I found myself wondering if Buk ever enjoyed nights like this. Or would it just be a lot of noise to him? I read he liked classical music.

But anywho, everybody was drinking, commiserating, laughing...

Barflies were buzzing. Coffee and beer were going down all kinds of throats.

One song was so good, some drunk guy said "If I had a talking fish mounted on my wall, THAT would be the song it sings!"

Mmmm...whatta night.:cool:

You mean like .
They should have that fish sing some new songs.
2007616104434_BigMouthBillyBass2.gif

Yep, like that. There's a video out there of a car with those fishies plastered all over it. And they're all singing the same song at once. Very surreal.

Last night, I ventured to a local cafe and sat in on a blues jam. Didn't play, I just enjoyed. It was almost a religious experience having blues blasted in my face and all around me. Can't describe it any other way except that I never knew it was so cool to be so sad.

Just to let you know, sat in means you did play. But glad you enjoyed it. I did sit in on several of these at Johnny D's Uptown back when I was transitioning to upright bass in 1994-95. A great way to get some listenin' experience. Most of the time, anyway.

I found myself wondering if Buk ever enjoyed nights like this?

No.

Just to let you know, sat in means you did play. But glad you enjoyed it. I did sit in on several of these at Johnny D's Uptown back when I was transitioning to upright bass in 1994-95. A great way to get some listenin' experience. Most of the time, anyway.
I just got back from one in Sacramento and I've been to the Johnny D's one, don't remember if I played at it. I used to be in the house band for the one At the Midway in Jamaica Plain, Mass.

No talking fish just walking bass.

Went to a different bar last night and listened to songs played on hammered dulcimers. It was nice to listen to waltzes and other folk songs while eating a burrito.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back