Any more books in the future? (1 Viewer)

Its strange... Pleasures of the Damned was supposed to be the last publication from Ecco... but it still states that Ecco will be publishing future books of poems and letters... but I can't imagine they have anything beyond MAYBE some of his uncollected letters...

Hm.

Still looking forward to the City Lights book. Except the cover, really... Eh... its all good.

Ecco probably forgot to correct that text about publishing future poems and letters, because they've used it for so long. I hope I'm wrong, of course, and that Ecco still have some Buk material left...

Last edited by a moderator:
it saddens me to realize that it's all winding down, finally. His books have been faithful companions for well, over a quarter century? However, he's been dead almost fifteen years, and we should be grateful that it lasted that long after his passing. But, it does bring some kind of finality to it?

Save a few exceptions, all the good material has already been published. Most of the unpublished poetry/fiction is pretty crappy. In my opinion, you know ;)

The letters are an altogether different matter, of course. A new volume with the letters to Caresse Crosby, Whit Burnett, Judson Crews, etc, that I recently unearthed would be certainly worth publishing.

I heard through the grapevine (what the hell does that mean, anyway?!) that there will be another book of poems.

A final final book, I guess you could call it. I don't know if they plan to call it "new poems." At this point there are no new poems, so I wish they'd cut that shit out.

It's kind of enough already with the recycling and "new" books. I understand the purpose of samplers like Run With the Hunted and Pleasures of the Damned, but two samplers is enough.

Letters, yes. More please (just received, by the way, LOS ANGELES - ANDERNACH Briefe an Onkel Heinrich - nice production!) But letters are probably the least commercially viable of all these things, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

it saddens me to realize that it's all winding down, finally.
i don't think it does by Now. there should be enough unpublished work for more.
... he's been dead almost fifteen years, and we should be grateful that it lasted that long after his passing.
true.
not many authors can call for such a long publishing career after death. most of them just have nothing more than, what they published, when alive.
... all the good material has already been published. Most of the unpublished poetry/fiction is pretty crappy.
May be Right.
some of the posthumous collections indicate that already.
still, we fans will go for Every single poem he has written in sadness and drunkenness and darkness, don't we?
i prefer Every poem by Him, be it mediocre or weak, before nearly Every other poet through the centuries.

mjp:
where'd you buy it from? Ariel? What was the shipping-cost? just curious (because of own ambitions to send books/BUKS abroad).

mjp:
where'd you buy it from? Ariel? What was the shipping-cost? just curious (because of own ambitions to send books/BUKS abroad).

Ariel-Verlag O. Bopp. They charged €18, there isn't a separate postage charge, so I don't know how much of that was postage (and I can't find the envelope in the bin, so I don't know what they paid, sorry).

I bought that book a while ago and I also paid 18 euros, and it took it too long to get to Spain. I think they shipped it via Surface.

Nice production, indeed.

Ariel-Verlag O. Bopp. They charged €18, there isn't a separate postage charge, so I don't know how much of that was postage (and I can't find the envelope in the bin, so I don't know what they paid, sorry).

Damn, baby!
THAT was really Generous of Olli:
18.- EUR is the regular price for the book itself - so he didn't take ANY money for the shipping!

I must admit: if you had ordered through me to the US, I'd taken a part of the shipping-cost. (well, Of Course Not from YOU, since you sent to me way too cheap too, but in general...)

Do you know Olli Bopp personally?
or does he know you? (well, i guess he May know your name through my general intercessions about buknet, but that's a different thing.)
or how did you get in contact?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back