Anyone have a copy of On The Bus magazine #14? (1 Viewer)

LickTheStar

Sad Flower in the Sand
I'm flipping through a copy of ONTHEBUS magazine that has some selections of Buk's journals and some poems, but I notice that the second page of the zine seems to have been ripped out...

And I wonder what I may be missing. I imagine the poems\journals included are previously published as well...

The poems and journal entries span ONTHEBUS #6 through #18 and those were their first appearances. They went on to make up the bulk of The Captain is Out to Lunch and the Sailors Have Taken Over the Ship.

The second page would just be index or publication info.

Thanks! It probably IS just the publishing info (though one side is definitely an illustration, but the page opposite the poem... well probably just a title page... I'm still curious though).
The poems and journal entries span ONTHEBUS #6 through #18 and those were their first appearances. They went on to make up the bulk of The Captain is Out to Lunch and the Sailors Have Taken Over the Ship.

The second page would just be index or publication info.
Thanks, I wasn't sure. The first page has "The Laughing Heart" on the back, but then the next page was missing, so I wasn't sure if it would be another poem, or what...

Still looking for my copies of ON THE BUS. I generally keep all the Bukowski in one place but these have fallen through the cracks in my system...

Thanks for the response! Sorry for the delay in responding... Darn kid decided to come about a month early.

Any good Buk poems about having children? I know there's one to his daughter in the Unpublished area and I recall one in The People Look Like Flowers At Last (which may have been the same one)... Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back