Asking the experts! (1 Viewer)

Found this group today and LOVE what I've been reading. Bukowski has been my favorite since the 90's. I just signed my first book deal and built myself a studio in the basement thats almost completed. I really wanted to treat myself to something Bukowski down there I can hang on the wall. I found on Ebay a couple people selling drawings or autographs. Is there any way to know if these are legit? Does anybody here know of any that come with a certificate of authenticity?
Thanks in advance, excited to read all of your posts.

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 5.08.40 PM.png

That's legit (probably mid-'70s to mid-'80s). All the characteristics of a good signature and the drawing looks right - no ink blobs from the pen stopping. You might want to clean up the frame a bit. As for CoAs, they're generally not worth the paper they're printed on unless you could ID it as having been written and signed by a Bukowski expert.

Take a look at some of the other threads in this particular forum and you can see for yourself how it compares to those declared to be legit and those that are not.

The only other caveat that I should have added is that I can't tell for sure that the document you posted is actually ink on paper. There's no way for me to know that. I stand by everything looking legit, but I can't know whether or not it's some sort of reproduction.

If you want something to frame and hang, perhaps a version of Chilled Green or a manuscript might be a safer bet in terms of reliable provenance based on the signature and any typeface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back