• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Bidder 1 (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
eBay has decided to change how bid history information is displayed so bad guys cannot target bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to view Bidder User IDs on the Bid History page. Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, applied consistently to the Bid History page.

Well that takes all the fun out of it! ;) How are we going to know who bought what now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...name=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=250079722420

ebay makes an art out of helping their members commit fraud against their buyers. They are partners and accomplices in the fraud and one day will be brough to task on this. They make the argument that they are against fraud, but at every turn make it easier and refuse to shut known theives down. You can present documented evidence of fraud and they will do nothing 100% of the time. I have notified them recently of a seller that has over 900 items listed. They are coins that he has reproductions made and is selling. He lists them in the original category and does NOT list them as reproductions in the title. He only mentions it in the very, very small print. This is breaking 2 HUGE rules of ebay in 900 listings. Do they do anything? Nope... They let him contiunue to defraud buyers, using the threat of negative feedback to force buyers to buy a worthless piece of metal.

Oh please.... Someone start an auction site that can take them down....

Bill

p.s. I was not taken by him, but saw the listings and his feedback pattern. I notified ebay and he is still there, with reckless abandon.

Weird, it's on Scott's auction, listed above, but not some others I just looked at. Maybe it's a seller choice?

Ebay UK started doing that a few months ago. The bidder is only hidden if the price goes over a certain value. Think its £100 here.

Scott is a great seller who only sells authentic items, but what about the scam artists that can now continue stealing? Ebay has now made it so much easier for them to get away with it. Now we cannot even notify winning bidders to let them know when they have bought forged items...

"Thanks ebay" for making sure that more & more of your customers will be defrauded and that those honest people that try to stop the fraud will be blocked from helping your buyers from being ripped off.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back