Bluebird analysis (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone,

I'll be dealing with the poem Bluebird as a part of my final dissertation and I would like to ask you for some help to analyze it. More or less I have analyzed and understood it, but maybe you could help me to find some book, or some article related with the poem so I can move on to a further analysis.

Thank you :)

¿? Ok... I was just asking for some recommendation, maybe some book or some article that could help me on my dissertation, that's all, but now I see how it works. Thank you :wb:

My views do not reflect the opinions of others here. There are a multitude of Bukowski experts here who can answer any and all questions you may have regarding Buk and his writing. One schmuck does not a website make.

No, Skiroomalum is right. You are looking for a book to help discover the deeper nuances of a poem that says everything it intends to say quite clearly all by itself? We are doomed as a species.

Just to give you some advance notice, in 2017 I'll be releasing my own Bukowski critical analysis. It's already finished, but you know how university presses are. It's 88 pages of footnotes referencing other writing. That's it. $129. I think it will be on Amazon.

Namaste!

And you can get a signed copy for $100 if you pay for it now. It's a special pre-order offer.

http://asad123.com/2013/12/12/poem-analysis-bluebird-charles-bukowski/

l_gtht.jpg

¿? Ok... I was just asking for some recommendation, maybe some book or some article that could help me on my dissertation, that's all, but now I see how it works. Thank you :wb:
As far as I know, there aren't any :jesus:

Didn't notice Ponder's link, although I don't know how a few lines can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a general overview of Buk's lifestyle, drinking, childhood etc. then watch the documentary "Born Into This". It's on YouTube in full. Also the Barbet Schroeder "Bukowski Tapes" are good. Both might give you a few good lines to include about his tough guy image but underlying sensitive nature, that kinda thing.

Oh and the biography "Locked in the Arms of a Crazy Life" gives a lot of the same info, if you prefer reading. Think it's by Howard Souness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back