• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Bottle of Smoke Press on sale! (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
sadly, I'm going to part with this lot of wonderful, beautiful BOSP items letterpressed by our invaluable Bill Bottle!!! I would like to sell the lot, not just specific items. As always, my price is cheaper than Abe, etc.

Here's what I have:
-As Buddha Smiles (lettered Q) - The hard-plastic box is slightly cracked -damned P.O.!- but the contents are in mint condition.

-Afternoons Into Night broadside (lettered I) - Mint.

-Bottle of Smoke Press series #2 - Regular, non-signed ed. Mint. N° 74

-Bottle of Smoke Press series #4 - Regular, non-signed ed. Mint.

Six Pack #1 - Signed by some of the authors. Mint.

A few pics:
img1971mu7.jpg

img1964bc9.jpg

img1966mn9.jpg

img1967pr9.jpg

img1968yl3.jpg

img1974zn6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cererita: On "Afternoons Into Night," from the scan, I thought it was copy number 1 (One), but reread your post and see it's lettered copy I (i). I didn't think Bill would let the very first copy of a Bukowski title out of his ink-stained hands, but then, he's a very generous person and just might do that.

Bill: if you read this, how did you distinguish between the lettered copy I and the numbered copy 1? Maybe spell out the 1? Just curious.

Bill: if you read this, how did you distinguish between the lettered copy I and the numbered copy 1? Maybe spell out the 1? Just curious.

Hi,
The lettered edition was printed on bergundy covers, with a grey broadside, while the numbered edition was printed on brown covers with a tan broadside.... This would have to be "I" and not "1". Also, #1 was written out as "one". Great question, though!

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back