Breakfast with Bukowski by Greg and Mark Runnels (1 Viewer)

Thanks, hs! Nice little animation. It played okay in my Firefox browser, and I saved the file too in case it should disappear from the net.

It's funny - in a nice way - that people still make things like this. Here in the 21st century. I still find them odd and a little creatively questionable, but it's heartening somehow. Like a kid dragging his father's dusty old Les Paul out from under the bed, plugging it into a tube amp and feeling like he's just discovered the keys to the god damn universe. It's good.

very disturbing and soulless animation style.

nothing's topped "man with the beautiful eyes" yet.

Who were the guys at Santa Anita? Looked like Leroi Jones [Amiri Baraka], Burroughs, and a few others I couldn't figure out...Just looked up The Runnels Brothers, Greg and Mark, and "they are now in development of their next feature film Bukowski: An Animated Life, an animated bio-pic about the Los Angeles writer Charles Bukowski..."
By the way, any tech whizzes out there who can explain to me why when I try to watch videos that sometimes they stop and then start again with the little circling gizmo and the pause button appearing? Do I need a better or different video player?

when I try to watch videos that sometimes they stop and then start again with the little circling gizmo and the pause button appearing [...] Do I need a better or different video player?
You need a faster Internet connection.

Or download them first, then watch.
Alternative: Before the video starts, press the 'Pause'-button and wait till it's fully loaded into your virtual cache / temporary cache, then play happily it without interruptions.

Bear in mind that a lot of video delivery sites (like YouTube) use something called "bandwidth throttling" now. A paused video on those sites won't continue to download until it's finished, it will only download the necessary buffer then wait.

They do that because their studies showed that most people don't watch the entire video (or listen to the entire song or whatever) and they were wasting bandwidth sending the entire file down the pipe just to have someone bail out of the page without consuming it.

We implemented the same technology on our web hosting servers here at work a year or so ago. It saves a lot of bandwidth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back