Buk again on the Simpsons (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi,
This may be an old one, and may have been mentioned before, but last Sunday they mentioned Buk when Tom Wolfe was asking Moe who his biggest poetic influence was, Jack Kerouac? Charles Bukowski?

Bill

Thanks Bukfan + mjp!
I Loveya!

I'm thinking ... mjp:
is there any possy to download the Whole postings in one effort?
It would make one HELL of an offline-database! Great source for any research!

(and maybe there will occationally someone appeare who's willing to gather all the spread informations on ONE subject and put them in one regular listing - and share again. You know, like the bio-timeline, but for Everything! - the appearances in TV-shows + movies, the readings, the books in which he is mentioned, the appearances in foreign magazines, the authors + composers he names, etc.)

is there any possy to download the Whole postings in one effort? It would make one HELL of an offline-database!
Yikes. That could be a ridiculously large file...you would have to do a search on it to find anything, so you're just as well off searching the live forum.

I have considered different ways to organize some of the information here, but in the forum format it isn't really possible. Not unless you want to wade through dozens of "sticky" threads in each forum to get to the new stuff.

We could also add more narrowly focused forums, but personally when I go to a forum that has thirty different topics I don't know where to start and usually end up just clicking on the one with the most posts, so I'm not crazy about adding more.

But yeah, you're right, there is a wealth of information here. You just have to be persistent enough to find it. ;)

Remember, new posts are always available by clicking the "New Posts" link up top there - though if you don't come around much that can be an overwhelming number of posts to deal with.

that same episode just played here in NZ the other day! i hardly ever watch tv, but i just happened to catch the simpsons, and i meant to post about it, but forgot.

I've never seen the episode where buk is mentioned. then again, I don't really watch the simpsons or television at all for that matter. maybe it's on youtube?

that same episode just played here in NZ the other day! i hardly ever watch tv, but i just happened to catch the simpsons, and i meant to post about it, but forgot.

It played here in Denmark some weeks ago. Moe's a great choice for a Buk-like poet in the Simpsons. There was only one reference to Buk in the episode, but it was great to watch an episode about poetry. Too bad they did'nt choose to exploit the Buk angle more. That would have made the episode even funnier...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Also... I can't help thinking Nokia have 'referenced' Buk in their new ad here. The world weary voice over telling us "There's a thing in my pocket" and that is is 'this' but not 'that' sounds very much like a 'Old man dead in a room' to me.
The audio can be heard here with a different video.
Anyone else get that?

That hit me too (we have that ad here in the UK).

I thought it sounded like 'The Bluebird' as read by Harry Dean Stanton in Born Into This, but I think its because it is Harry Dean Stanton (at least on the UK ad it is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back