• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Buk Collection on Ebay (1 Viewer)

I've never seen that Bukowski Archives Volume One DVD before. Does anybody know what's on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this today as well, I have everything on there(save for the hunchback), more than once some of it, but certainly not that archives thing and wondered the same.

i'm not really sure why someone would post a link to a buk auction on a buk forum if the're interested in bidding on it...

Ha! I'm just trying to help out fellow Buk fans, plus I'm sure that the price will rise much higher than what I can afford right now unfortunately.

Does anybody know what's on it?

Here's what the seller said of the dvd: Bukowski Archive Volume 1 DVD is comprised of two documentaries. The first one is Taylor Hackford's "Bukowski reads Bukowski" which was made for Public Television in 1970. The second documentary is called "I'm Still Here" and was made for German TV. It roughly covers the period from his late 70's trip to Germany through about 1990.

Ha! I'm just trying to help out fellow Buk fans, plus I'm sure that the price will rise much higher than what I can afford right now unfortunately.

Well, we kind of have an unwritten rule around here to keep mum about such things. Most of us troll ebay often enough to know what's up, and all posting this sort of thing on the public forum accomplishes is interest more folks in bidding against something we (or you) might want.

So, are you helping the seller or the buyer here?

Here's what the seller said of the dvd: Bukowski Archive Volume 1 DVD is comprised of two documentaries. The first one is Taylor Hackford's "Bukowski reads Bukowski" which was made for Public Television in 1970. The second documentary is called "I'm Still Here" and was made for German TV. It roughly covers the period from his late 70's trip to Germany through about 1990.

Thanks, Stavrogin! The only Buk docu by Hackford I know of is from the early seventies, but maybe that's the one he's talking about although he says 1970. Either that or Hackford's made two docu's on Buk, which I find hard to believe.
I think I know the one from German TV about his 1978 trip to Germany.
I gather the DVD is a bootleg. I would'nt mind owning a copy though.

Well, we kind of have an unwritten rule around here to keep mum about such things. Most of us troll ebay often enough to know what's up, and all posting this sort of thing on the public forum accomplishes is interest more folks in bidding against something we (or you) might want.

So, are you helping the seller or the buyer here?

Think DirtyJersey13 is just trying to be a good soul. Takes a bit to get a feel for the new environs (live and learn or let the money burn). It's not entirely unwritten according to the Buy/sell/trade forum policies posted by mjp. Just grateful Alighieri isn't around to cast my sniping ass in to some 10th circle of Hell.

This lot was sold a little while ago, 190373558024. Made $153.99 USD.

Anyone seen one of those 'Screams' posters before?

screams_promo_buk_lot.JPG

I've seen the typical overrun cover art for Screams (normal book size) but never an enlargement like that. It makes a good poster, that wraparound design. I'm sure Ecco will eventually replace it with a picture of a mailbox or something equally dull. No, wait; a picture of a balcony. ;)

Pam's book will give you some insight into that title, Screams From the Balcony...

I wanted that Screams poster, but 153.00 would have made me have to live on pennies until the 30th!

I have a feeling that this screams poster is a scan of an overrun cover that was blown up and printed. If that is the case, then it may be cool, but not worth anything and it is something that many of us could do. I just can see no reason why Black Sparrow would have printed these large posters and then not sent them out.

Bill

I have a feeling that this screams poster is a scan of an overrun cover that was blown up and printed.

I thought the same thing, but then I noticed that there's no spine text. Not that that proves anything either way, but it does at least make you think that whoever made it might have had access to the original cover art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back