• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Buk Flipping the Bird? (2 Viewers)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi,
This is just odd. does not look like him to me. Plus, if you look at the other work by this artist, he seems very talented, but then tries to sell this odd piece.

My kids and I do little art projects like this for fun, so I guess it is art, but worthy of being sold by a talented professional artist? That I do not know....

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARLES-BUKOWSK...39:1|66:2|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Anyone else think that this piece is a serious piece of art?

Bill

and Buk was never that bald. and never that fat.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that he did not have a birth defect that made his arm swing out that way....

Bill

if the guy brought that thing to my house and GAVE it to me, i would not so politely throw it into the garbage can...i'll take that bottle of wine though...

Bon't tell me you are serious?!
oh there's a bottomless pit of 'as bad or worse' stuff. i've wasted alot of time searching it out on the internet. it would be fun to have a gallery of bad bukowski 'art' on the site but i guess not at the risk of offending the creator. can't remember where i found this one but it's pretty good (methinks).

Charles.jpg

Anyone else think that this piece is a serious piece of art?
Oh yawn. Yet another pomo art school shithead jumping (five years too late) on the "outsider" art bandwagon. It's not even clumsy enough to be outsider art, so it fails on every level that art can possibly fail.

Which I guess means, 'no,' in answer to your question. ;)

Well this part of her artist's statement will answer all your questions; "I like to work with perception, working in a way that uses the semi conscious part of your mind to paint with. It's a whole other type of consciousness. A painting consciousness you couldn't handle with words. It gives me a sense of incredible contact with myself."

oh there's a bottomless pit of 'as bad or worse' stuff. i've wasted alot of time searching it out on the internet. it would be fun to have a gallery of bad bukowski 'art' on the site but i guess not at the risk of offending the creator. can't remember where i found this one but it's pretty good (methinks).

that one is from the New York Times. review for Pleasures of the Damned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back