Buk Inspired writings (1 Viewer)

Hey all. I am new to this site and wonder who might be like me. I find myself often times unintentionally following a Bukowski "formula" when I write...especially if I am currently reading him at the time so I figured I'd post some of myself and maybe get some feedback as well as encourage other to do the same. some of these are simply influenced by Chuck while one longer piece is a fan faction piece of sorts which chronicles some of his poems as if they were true events that happened... Doesn't explain it well I know maybe best to read and then figure out what it is...

[We don't post user poetry. - ed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
some of these are simply influenced by Chuck...
I glanced at some of your many poems before deleting them, and I would have to take issue with your claim that you "unintentionally follow Bukowski formula." It all seemed like very obvious, direct mimicry, and that isn't going to get you anywhere.

And that's one of the (many) reasons that we don't allow user poetry. If everyone else had read what you posted you would have run into a brick wall of harsh criticism, and then you'd feel insulted, there would be acrimony and ugliness back and forth, and no one would have gained anything.

You can link to your poetry, but I'd strongly advise you not to. This isn't really a poetry critique forum. There are plenty of those out there if that's what you're looking for.

ok cool. Thanks for the honesty, like I said new here and didn't know policy. moving on very cool site and understand why the posting could be an issue. Look forward to reading all the great stuff here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back