• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Bukowski (1973) - A Documentary Film by Taylor Hackford and Richard Davies (1 Viewer)

I'm looking for the 1973 PBS (KCET) documentary on Bukowski on DVD. If anyone has a copy of this I would be interested in buying it. The dvd needs to be the original and not ripped from a VHS. I've contacted PBS and they don't have anything before 1993. I've also checked Amazon, Ebay, and film libraries. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

We'd all like one of those, but there isn't one. As you note, even KCET don't have the full film now.

I see you are connected with a media production company, mind telling us why you are looking for the film?

Have you tried to contact Hackford?

I'm looking to give it to my boss as a birthday gift. He worked on the film and a few months ago his copy was damaged. I thought about surprising him with a replacement.

Contacting Hackford is a great suggestion, but I would like to hold off on that as a last resort.

I just checked the titles via YouTube and - wow - so he did!

bukowski_1973.jpg

No credit for him on IMDB tho', where Hackford is listed as director. Perhaps you could get that fixed - nice bit of credit for his birthday.

ps. You brown nose!

edit: - wait - did your boss have a DVD copy? WTF? F#ck that guy! :amb:

The dvd needs to be the original and not ripped from a VHS.
I think the last one of those was damaged a few months ago.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I'm pretty certain that the only place you're going to get one that isn't nth generation is from Hackford, so you may as well get to work on your last resort.

When you get it, make us a copy, eh? It's the least you can do for your old friends.

I'll see what I can do about a copy if I am able to get one! As for the damaged dvd, it happened while he was moving. If I can't get a copy of the dvd, is there a book from Bukowski works that you would recommend?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame: Selected Poems 1955-1973

Users who are viewing this thread

Back