• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Bukowski -- 60s & 70s mags for sale (1 Viewer)

Jason

Founding member
Prices, such as they are, are negotiable. Let me know what you're interested in and hopefully we can work something out... I have some BSP titles that I'll be listing in the next week or so. If you're looking for something specific send me a note..

Amper&and (San Francisco, 1969 ) Charles Bukowski poetry: Confessions of a Misanthrope [uncollected]. Near Fine. Scarce. $25

Arcade, The Comics Revue (Berkeley, 1975) Charles Bukowski poetry (illustrated by R.Crumb): Bop Bop Against That Curtain [collected in South of No North]. Near Fine. $35

Entrails #1 (NY, 1966) Charles Bukowski poetry: Ezra [uncollected] -- One Hundred and Ten Years... [uncollected]. Near Fine. Scarce. $40

Entrails #2 (NY, 1966) Charles Bukowski poetry: God [uncollected]. Very Good. Scarce. $35

Entrails #4 (NY, 1967) Charles Bukowski poetry: The Faces are Knawing... [uncollected]. Near Fine. Scarce. $25

Grist #11 (Lawrence, 1967) Charles Bukowski poetry: A Kind of Argument [uncollected] -- One For the Old Man [collected in The Days...]. Near Fine. Scarce. $40

Klacto/23 Special (Heidleberg: Panic Press, 1967) Charles Bukowski poetry: Communists [collected in The Days...] -- Escape [collected in You Get...] -- An Action Afternoon [uncollected] -- Worms [collected in The Days...] -- Finish [collected in The Days...]. Near Fine. Scarce. $60

Intrepid #7 (Buffalo, June 1967) charles Bukowski poetry: Men's Crapper [uncollected]. Very Good. $10

Intrepid #8 (Buffalo, June 1967) charles Bukowski letter to Intrepid Editor allen de Loach. Near Fine. $5

Intrepid #9 (Buffalo, June 1967) charles Bukowski poetry: Poem for the Death of an American Serviceman in Vietnam [uncollected] -- A Bad Night Blame the Bourbon [uncollected] -- From the Dept. of English [collected in The Days...]. Near Fine. $10

Intrepid #11/12 (Buffalo, June 1969) charles Bukowski poetry: Don't Worry Baby, I'll Get It [uncollected] -- Notebook: [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

Intrepid #18/19 (Buffalo, June 1971) charles Bukowski poetry: A Blurb [uncollected] -- That Liberating Movement [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

Intrepid #23/24 (Buffalo, June 1972) charles Bukowski poetry: Royal [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

The New Censorship, Vol.3,No.1 (Easthaven, 1992) Charles Bukowski poetry: To Serve and Protect [collected in Betting on...] -- @@@@ [uncollected] -- Bad Day [collected in Betting on...] -- Big Night on the Town [collected in Bone Palace...] -- Courtesy [uncollected] -- Dostoevsky [collected in Bone Palace...] -- Finished [collected in The Last...] -- Floss, Brush and Flush [collected in Betting on...] -- Going [uncollected] -- Gone [collected in You Get...] -- Ignorance [uncollected] -- Letters [collected in Burning in...] -- Nobody Is Going to Save [uncollected] -- Party Girl [uncollected] -- Safely Stopped [uncollected] -- TB [collected in The Night...] -- Territory [uncollected] -- The Critic [uncollected] -- The Trick [uncollected] -- The Voice [collected in Betting on...]. Fine, as new. $15

Sparrow 5, While The Music Played (Los Angeles: Black Sparrow Press, 1973) First edition, Charles Bukowski poetry: 2347 Duane -- 5 Dollars -- A Radio with Guts -- Cooperation -- I'm in Love -- Ladies of Summer -- The Apple -- The Egg -- The Knifer -- The Night I Was Going to Die -- The Violin Player. Fine, as new. $35

Sparrow 30, Africa, Paris, Greece (Los Angeles: Black Sparrow Press, 1975) First edition, Charles Bukowski poetry: Africa, Paris, Greece -- Blue Moon, Oh Bleweeww Mooooon How I Adore You! -- Face of a Political Candidate on a Street Billboard -- Interviews -- Nothing Is as Effective as Defeat -- Solid State Marty -- Success -- Yankee Doodle. Fine, as new. $25

Sparrow 54, Maybe Tomorrow (Santa Barbara: Black Sparrow Press, 1977) First edition, Charles Bukowski poetry: Claws of Paradise -- Hot Month -- Maybe Tomorrow -- The Drunk Tank Judge -- The Happy Life of the Tired -- The Loner -- The Proud Thin Dying -- The Sandwich -- Under. Fine, as new. $20

Sparrow 72, We'll Take Them (Santa Barbara: Black Sparrow Press, 1978) First edition. Charles Bukowski poetry: 59 Cents a Pound -- 8 Rooms -- Close Encounters of Another Kind -- Horse and Fist -- Hug the Dark -- I Liked Him -- Junk -- Mermaid -- Metamorphosis -- Promenade -- The Killer Smiles -- We'll Take Them. Fine, as new. $20

Vagabond #2 (Munich, 1966) Charles Bukowski poetry: I Will Never Ride a Horse... [uncollected]. Near Fine. $25 [Also have Vagabond #1, if your interested in a set of the earlier ones...]

Vagabond #3 (Munich, 1966) Charles Bukowski poetry: These Mad Windows... [collected in The Days...]. Near Fine. $20

Vagabond #4 (Munich, 1967) Charles Bukowski poetry: We Do Our Work [uncollected]. Near Fine. $15

Vagabond #5 (Munich, 1967) Charles Bukowski poetry: The Flower Lover [collected in At Terror...] -- I Met a Genius [collected in At Terror...]. Near Fine. $15

Vagabond #11 (San Francisco, 1971) Charles Bukowski poetry: Shoelace [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

Vagabond #12 (Redwood City, 1971) Charles Bukowski poetry: Dirdge [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

Vagabond #13 (Redwood City, 1972) Charles Bukowski poetry: A Man's Woman [collected in Mockingbird Wish...] -- The Snake in the Watermelon [uncollected] -- Work-Fuck Problems [collected in Sifting Through...]. Also includes a flyer for Masarik's Invitation to a Dying with a blurb by Bukowski who wrote the book's introduction. Near Fine. $10

Vagabond #15 (Redwood City, 1972) Charles Bukowski poetry: 99 Degrees [collected in Mockingbird Wish] -- The Oldest Hippie in the World [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

Hi,
I'll take:

Intrepid #18/19 (Buffalo, June 1971) charles Bukowski poetry: A Blurb [uncollected] -- That Liberating Movement [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

Vagabond #11 (San Francisco, 1971) Charles Bukowski poetry: Shoelace [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

Vagabond #12 (Redwood City, 1971) Charles Bukowski poetry: Dirdge [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

The prices quoted are more than fair. Please let me know the amount of postage.

Thanks,
Bill

Prices, such as they are, are negotiable. Let me know what you're interested in and hopefully we can work something out... I have some BSP titles that I'll be listing in the next week or so. If you're looking for something specific send me a note..

Sparrow 5, While The Music Played (Los Angeles: Black Sparrow Press, 1973) First edition, Charles Bukowski poetry: 2347 Duane -- 5 Dollars -- A Radio with Guts -- Cooperation -- I'm in Love -- Ladies of Summer -- The Apple -- The Egg -- The Knifer -- The Night I Was Going to Die -- The Violin Player. Fine, as new. $35

I'll take that for $30, or $35 if you don't want to haggle. As Bill said, let me know about shipping costs. I'll be travelling in early through mid-April, so let's take care of this ASAP. Shoot me an IM and I'll give you the shipping address. A postal money order is soon in your future.

As for others, a signed "War All the Time" would whet my whistle.

As for others, a signed "War All the Time" would whet my whistle.
I have a signed War All the Time that I just pulled off the shelf to show to someone today.

I'm not parting with it, I'm afraid (it also has a painting in it), but I thought the coincidence was odd, you saying you were looking for one.

The New Censorship, Vol.3,No.1 (Easthaven, 1992) Charles Bukowski poetry: To Serve and Protect [collected in Betting on...] -- @@@@ [uncollected] -- Bad Day [collected in Betting on...] -- Big Night on the Town [collected in Bone Palace...] -- Courtesy [uncollected] -- Dostoevsky [collected in Bone Palace...] -- Finished [collected in The Last...] -- Floss, Brush and Flush [collected in Betting on...] -- Going [uncollected] -- Gone [collected in You Get...] -- Ignorance [uncollected] -- Letters [collected in Burning in...] -- Nobody Is Going to Save [uncollected] -- Party Girl [uncollected] -- Safely Stopped [uncollected] -- TB [collected in The Night...] -- Territory [uncollected] -- The Critic [uncollected] -- The Trick [uncollected] -- The Voice [collected in Betting on...]. Fine, as new. $15

Sparrow 30, Africa, Paris, Greece (Los Angeles: Black Sparrow Press, 1975) First edition, Charles Bukowski poetry: Africa, Paris, Greece -- Blue Moon, Oh Bleweeww Mooooon How I Adore You! -- Face of a Political Candidate on a Street Billboard -- Interviews -- Nothing Is as Effective as Defeat -- Solid State Marty -- Success -- Yankee Doodle. Fine, as new. $25

Sparrow 54, Maybe Tomorrow (Santa Barbara: Black Sparrow Press, 1977) First edition, Charles Bukowski poetry: Claws of Paradise -- Hot Month -- Maybe Tomorrow -- The Drunk Tank Judge -- The Happy Life of the Tired -- The Loner -- The Proud Thin Dying -- The Sandwich -- Under. Fine, as new. $20

Sparrow 72, We'll Take Them (Santa Barbara: Black Sparrow Press, 1978) First edition. Charles Bukowski poetry: 59 Cents a Pound -- 8 Rooms -- Close Encounters of Another Kind -- Horse and Fist -- Hug the Dark -- I Liked Him -- Junk -- Mermaid -- Metamorphosis -- Promenade -- The Killer Smiles -- We'll Take Them. Fine, as new. $20

If those are still available, I'll take 'em! Lemme know where to send the money!

Those old issues of Sparrow are cool. I used to come across them in the racks of a bookshop in L.A., new, at -- I think -- $1 each. Bought all the Bukowksi ones I could find (there were many different authors) and of course they are long gone to bags of groceries and rubber bath toys for my now grown kids.

Thanks guys. I don't think postage for any of these (unless you buy them all) would be more than about $4 for USPS Media Mail -- if that's totally off the mark, let me know, otherwise let's go with that. If it's less I'll pay you back, and if it's more, I'll cover it domestically; international, we can talk... Let's do addresses in a PM. Thanks again.

I have a signed War All the Time that I just pulled off the shelf to show to someone today.

I'm not parting with it, I'm afraid (it also has a painting in it), but I thought the coincidence was odd, you saying you were looking for one.

Is that the copy on "Collecting Bukowski?"

One of my favorite Buk works is "Horsemeat," and since I will not be procuring a copy of that anytime soon, "War" is the next best thing. Plus, there are a good number of other excellent poems in that collection. Of course, your copy with artwork is probabaly worth at least as much as a nice copy of horsemeat.

Oh snap, there's only four Sparrows that are Buk? Well, I lucked out. I figured there'd be tons more. Maybe I don't need to buy those bound editions after all... I get all kinds of info from this place. I should like... pay you guys or something.

Received payment from LickTheStar and Purple Stickpin, and will send items out tomorrow -- thanks guys... Any other takers for more mags?

Jason, could you send me a list of what's left?

Greetings all, btw. I've been reading this fine forum for awhile and finally decided to join. I'm primarily a Kerouac scholar but now time has come to start collecting the Buk.

Here's what's left from the magazine list:

Amper&and (San Francisco, 1969 ) Charles Bukowski poetry: Confessions of a Misanthrope [uncollected]. Near Fine. Scarce. $25

Arcade, The Comics Revue (Berkeley, 1975) Charles Bukowski poetry (illustrated by R.Crumb): Bop Bop Against That Curtain [collected in South of No North]. Near Fine. $35

Entrails #1 (NY, 1966) Charles Bukowski poetry: Ezra [uncollected] -- One Hundred and Ten Years... [uncollected]. Near Fine. Scarce. $40

Entrails #2 (NY, 1966) Charles Bukowski poetry: God [uncollected]. Very Good. Scarce. $35

Entrails #4 (NY, 1967) Charles Bukowski poetry: The Faces are Knawing... [uncollected]. Near Fine. Scarce. $25

Grist #11 (Lawrence, 1967) Charles Bukowski poetry: A Kind of Argument [uncollected] -- One For the Old Man [collected in The Days...]. Near Fine. Scarce. $40

Klacto/23 Special (Heidleberg: Panic Press, 1967) Charles Bukowski poetry: Communists [collected in The Days...] -- Escape [collected in You Get...] -- An Action Afternoon [uncollected] -- Worms [collected in The Days...] -- Finish [collected in The Days...]. Near Fine. Scarce. $60

Intrepid #7 (Buffalo, June 1967) charles Bukowski poetry: Men's Crapper [uncollected]. Very Good. $10

Intrepid #8 (Buffalo, June 1967) charles Bukowski letter to Intrepid Editor allen de Loach. Near Fine. $5

Intrepid #9 (Buffalo, June 1967) charles Bukowski poetry: Poem for the Death of an American Serviceman in Vietnam [uncollected] -- A Bad Night Blame the Bourbon [uncollected] -- From the Dept. of English [collected in The Days...]. Near Fine. $10

Intrepid #11/12 (Buffalo, June 1969) charles Bukowski poetry: Don't Worry Baby, I'll Get It [uncollected] -- Notebook: [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

Intrepid #23/24 (Buffalo, June 1972) charles Bukowski poetry: Royal [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

Vagabond #2 (Munich, 1966) Charles Bukowski poetry: I Will Never Ride a Horse... [uncollected]. Near Fine. $25 [Also have Vagabond #1, if your interested in a set of the earlier ones...]

Vagabond #3 (Munich, 1966) Charles Bukowski poetry: These Mad Windows... [collected in The Days...]. Near Fine. $20

Vagabond #4 (Munich, 1967) Charles Bukowski poetry: We Do Our Work [uncollected]. Near Fine. $15

Vagabond #5 (Munich, 1967) Charles Bukowski poetry: The Flower Lover [collected in At Terror...] -- I Met a Genius [collected in At Terror...]. Near Fine. $15

Vagabond #13 (Redwood City, 1972) Charles Bukowski poetry: A Man's Woman [collected in Mockingbird Wish...] -- The Snake in the Watermelon [uncollected] -- Work-Fuck Problems [collected in Sifting Through...]. Also includes a flyer for Masarik's Invitation to a Dying with a blurb by Bukowski who wrote the book's introduction. Near Fine. $10

Vagabond #15 (Redwood City, 1972) Charles Bukowski poetry: 99 Degrees [collected in Mockingbird Wish] -- The Oldest Hippie in the World [uncollected]. Near Fine. $10

Bill, Are you still interested in these?

I'll take:

Thanks Jason. I'll take everything that's left when Bill has had his pick except the Klacto item. I'm over in Denmark and shipping costs, I imagine, will be quite high. Please contact me to finalize the transaction.

Thanks,
weary.tune

Holy shit man, welcome to the club! That's how you make a splash! Kerouac's good, and you'll be fine as long as you don't associate Buk with the Beats! ;)

Shipped items to LickTheStar and Purple Stickpin today.

Thanks Bill. I'll ship your mags to you tomorrow.

weary.tune, thanks for taking all of these. I'll take the mags to the post office tomorrow to see what shipping will look like and we'll go from there.

Thanks guys. All of these items have been spoken for.

I'm going to work on a few new lists tonight: more mags (50s-70s), BSP New Years Greetings, BSP trade / signed / etc editions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back