Bukowski issue of The Legendary (1 Viewer)

Hi all, just wanted to mention that the online magazine called The Legendary had a contest for work about Bukowski, and the special Bukowski issue comes out tomorrow.

http://www.downdirtyword.com/

One of my poems took an honorable mention in the contest and they're also reprinting my essay from Abbey (with a slight change in one paragraph). I'll probably repost tomorrow but it is a pretty cool little zine, if you want to take a gander now.

Congrats, Harry.

I clicked on the link and started reading this poem:

My stray dog

If God is a man, that means He has a penis,
which also means He pisses&fucks.
His most famous encounter didn't even break her hymen
which means He's really small or very talented.
Rain could very well be God's piss,

I wasn't able to read any further, sorry. It began as a mistake?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the first poem on top of the poetry page.

p.s. It seems they've changed the page.
They've been replaced by poems on Bukowski.
I go read them now.

Harry, those are nice poems with a couple of chuckles.

I noticed in the Fiction category Father Luke got 2nd place for one his short stories you may recognize. We don't hear much from some of old friends like we use to. I think he's in Portland now.

My stray dog

If God is a man, that means He has a penis,
which also means He pisses&fucks.
His most famous encounter didn't even break her hymen
which means He's really small or very talented.
Rain could very well be God's piss,

i didn't realize randy page was still writing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ponder, you're right, that poem sucks MOOSE! And mjp, you are right too, so do a lot of the other ones. Do a refresh -- I just did and now I can see the new October issue. Much better poetry even with some ass named Calhoun mucking up the works. The essay comes complete with a geeky-looking photo of me in 1985, which I guess proves that no matter what you lose as you grow older, geekiness is not one of them.

And yes, Mr. Gerard, you beat me to it, I was gonna mention Father Luke's second place story ... always good to see familiar faces.

Anyway, it's Bukowski stuff, maybe worth checkin' out ...

http://downdirtyword.com/

Well done Harry. I've always wondered about the whole honourable mention thing though. It always seems to me that they give that because they wanted those poems to win, but somehow it didn't fit with whatever agenda they had prescribed themselves. I'm not going to say anything about the winners, but I thought 'In the presence of death' would have been a worthy winner.

Hey, thanks! My major objection to the honorable mention is that I like having an aura of disrepute about me, and this "honorable" thing could screw that up. Certanly the first time the word has been used in conjunction with my name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back