Bukowski's 'muse' lives with ghost (1 Viewer)

The opening paragraph seems to say that Linda Lee Bukowski is "the alcoholic and womanizing American author who used blunt prose to write about society's downtrodden."

Not very good writing when the first paragraph completely confuses the reader.

Thanks, Ponder! They should let the exhibition tour Europe. I'm sure it would do well in Germany, for instance.

Yes, the opening paragraph can easily be misread - Linda Lee, "the alcoholic and womanizing author". Too funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
The opening paragraph seems to say that Linda Lee Bukowski is "the alcoholic and womanizing American author who used blunt prose to write about society's downtrodden."

Well, maybe she is. Don't they say you develop certain similarities after certain years of marriage?

Just in case someone reads the article and wonders what the hell I'm talking about, they've fixed it. Originally it read "Bukowski, the alcoholic and womanizing American author who used blunt prose to write about society's downtrodden, still lives in the home she shared with her late husband and hopes to turn it into a museum." Apparently they had dropped the first line.

ah, I understand, so the veil of mystery about the secret of Hank's endurance is lifted,
the young caged boy was in fact a lady ....

the secret of my endurance
... (I've got a) young boy to write my stuff now,
I keep him in a ten-foot cage with a
typewriter, feed him whiskey and raw whores,
belt him pretty good three or four times
a week.
I'm 59 years old now and the critics say
my stuff is getting better than ever.

they quoted her a damn lot from that evening. I wonder whether the journalist had a tape rolling himself or they got one from The Huntington.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back