Bukowski's Posthumous Poems (1 Viewer)

Has anyone produced an official/unofficial publication of Bukowski's collected posthumous poems, in their unedited form?

Last edited:
I know you are new to the bar, but walk around a bit. You'll find the answers to your question. Here is a helpful first step, invest more on your own, but don't be afraid to ask for help on the trickier stuff.

Last I heard there were talks underway to re-publish the posthumous collections with corrected versions of the poems (with some bonus track unpublished poems thrown in for good measure). I don't know if it's ever going to happen, but it has been discussed with the bigwigs at Ecco.

Last I heard there were talks underway to re-publish the posthumous collections with corrected versions of the poems (with some bonus track unpublished poems thrown in for good measure). I don't know if it's ever going to happen, but it has been discussed with the bigwigs at Ecco.

I'll keep my eyes out for that one. Fingers crossed. Thanks mjp.

Hard to believe it took more than 11 years and 6,000 users for someone to take it.

Lol.

"Wisdom is doing everything the crowd does not do. All you do is reverse the totality of their learning, and you have the heaven they are looking for." — Charles Bukowski.

Cheers.

Looks like a research project.

Is that information available in a reader-friendly one-click-one-download version of just the poems?

Is that information available in a reader-friendly one-click-one-download
Who are you? Are you seriously asking for a "one click download" of a major portion of Bukowski's mountain of work? That doesn't seem like an unrealistic or ridiculous request to you?

Sorry for all the questions.

Here's one last question though: how old are you? I only ask because you sound like a teenager (here and in your other post) whining that you need an orange peeled for you, because your fingers too delicate and weak to do the job.

You aren't going to get very much spoon-fed to you as far as Bukowski's work is concerned. If you really want some kind of mythical compilation that doesn't exist, make it yourself. And after you make it, share it with everyone. That's how this works. That's why everything you see around here exists. It's all the result of many years of work by many people, and it's all made available to you for free. But somehow that's not convenient enough for you.

Maybe you can see why that might rub some people (or maybe just me) the wrong way.

I'm sorry that you have upset you.

You should understand that MJP could care less about Black Sparrow or Harper sales. And he's not a huge fan of Buk's widow. But he does believe that people (and their estate) should get paid for their art. The exception is when someone butchers art and still makes a profit at it. That's when people spend countless hours to correct a problem for zero profit for themselves. I realize that's a lot to take in and you won't fully understand that unless you spend some time around here. But at a higher level, this expectation that content should be free has sent us back to the stone age when it comes to fostering talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back