Buk's horse racing logic (1 Viewer)

Buk is making me want to go to the racetrack up the street here in the burbs of Chicago, Arlington race track. I've been there a few times for some special occasions and its fun! all the creatures come out. what do you think is the best horse betting advice from him? I think I came up with a little theory I might try. bet the long shot everytime for one day, 2 bucks a race for about what ten races and you are bound to win won of those races and it the odds are 50-1 or 40-1 that's a pretty good run! plus you get out of the house and all... ha. so you win about 100-80 bucks and you only dish out 20.

Mr. Zacharias told me that sometimes Buk would bet on every horse in the race just to win, something. I thought that was interesting.

any of you into the horse track and betting a few bucks on that?

In the Portions of the wine stained notebook, there is a really informative basic guide to horse-betting. He was very good with numbers and logic. He would have be successful in anything he decided to do.

I'd have to make a long trip to the Meadowlands in PA to indulge in that. Though it would be worth it just for the experience. I'd love to hang out there and get a feel for how it is.

Mr. Zacharias told me that sometimes Buk would bet on every horse in the race just to win, something. I thought that was interesting.
Mr. Zacharias is filling your head with shit and nonsense and stories he invented while he was dying the grey hairs in his beard.

Next time you are hallucinating that you're talking to someone named "Mr. Zacharias," remember that.

Hey MJP, I've been meeting with the guy for 8 years... sounds like someone is a little bit jealous! maybe if you didn't act like such a dick you'd be working on a screen play with some of these people too.

Hey MJP, what jaded prick do you want me to play you in the screen play? you know the web master that runs the bukowski.net site that drives Josh Rock nuts... ill throw in a few shots of me just yelling at the computer at you...

Gee, I don't know...who do I want to play me in an imaginary movie...gosh, it's a tough decision.

Let me sleep on it.

you sleep on it. MJP it'll get made. thats why im going to film school, so I can edit, shoot and do everything myself. oh it will get made alright. some people have dreams and don't do shit about them, some people just make it all reality. its not that hard.

Is it just me, or when reading through this thread does anyone else feel like mjp is in a tiff with Jan Brady when she was going through that rebellious, afro-wig wearing stage?

I actually love MJP, he just hurt my feelings in how he talked to me. I thought we were friends and that just disappointed me. We're cool, when he wants to be cool!

Its a good idea to drink responsibly as it is to gamble responsibly. Gambling can be fun and entertaining. Some people spend $20 at the movies, some spend $20 for a blow job. whatever.
Ill occasionally spend $25 at the track. I won $224 on a 10c superfecta box bet a few weeks ago. Pick 3's and trifecta are your best returns imo.

True.
If you can take $10-20 and put it in a slot machine, lose it and just walk away, its cool.
When you start to think "what if I just put in $5...maybe that's winner" is when you have to check out.

Has anyone ever really paid $20 for a blowjob that was given by a woman? I mean in recent history like in the last ten years? Maybe in jail because $20 is a lot of money in jail but it won't be a woman giving you one in jail, if you know what I mean. Just as sure as peanut butter and jelly, you know?

The best advice is to not gamble.
I thought Christopher was talking about another kind of gambling. . .I guess I have to stop over-analyzing. Love your pic, by the by. Looks better in a bow-tie than Anderson Cooper and my ex on our wedding day combined!

When you start to think "what if I just put in $5...maybe that's winner" is when you have to check out.
I lived in Vegas for 6 months. I had to move because even the $5.00 free bet started to make my heart race. That's how I was getting my cardio, watching the roulette wheel.

Apparently, if you jerk off a horse moments before a race it will run faster. Something to do with fluid requiescence. You should probably try it with something smaller to begin with though.

I've been meeting with the guy for 8 years! He's taught me so much about Bukowski!!! Did you know that:
  • Bukowski used to take the laces out of his shoes to force himself to walk more slowly.
  • He only drank Czechoslovakian beer, and when Czechoslovakia broke into the Czech Republic and Slovakia, he stopped drinking beer entirely.
  • He collected his toenail clippings in a mayonnaise jar for 17 years and sent them to the Smithsonian Institution (C.O.D.!) as a protest against income taxes.
  • Bukowski always drove with his left arm straight out the car window, letting his hand dangle limply.
  • He typed lying down on his stomach in front of the TV, and usually had someone on the phone at the same time.
  • He only ate meat - he never tasted a vegetable.
  • Linda used to make him wear her underwear when they were having an argument.
  • Bukowski would only go to one barber, Cecil in Boyle Heights, and when Cecil died in 1985 Bukowski bought a Flowbie and used it for the rest of his life.
There's a lot more but I don't want to give it all away. You can read the rest in my upcoming 44 page novel.

Who gave you that tip, Mr. Zacharias?
no he didn't. he only told me one thing about Buk. ahhh I love the snobbery. is that why you made this site to promote your own works? Oprah wanted to know...

You can read the rest in my upcoming 44 page novel.
maybe if you spent more of your time actually writing your stories instead of wasting your time writing bullshit on this page you would actually be an accomplished writer one day!

don't be so jealous that I know a guy who won an Emmy and you don't and never will. don't be jealous that the guy actually met Bukowski for a minute there while you never got that chance. MJP the world owes you nothing!

He typed lying down on his stomach in front of the TV, and usually had someone on the phone at the same time

Oh shit, you can really tell this especially in The Genius of the Crowd and Ham on Rye.

I always knew it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back