buk's poems (1 Viewer)

BukLivesOn, I suggest you fuck off while it's still voluntary.

Hey... FUCK YOU ALL...
Yeah, I work at a record company. Im taking over the other intern's job, and I got stuck with the bullshit, half-assed promotions that were already posted, but unlike him, I am a long time Bukowski fan, (read my first, Post Office, in high school), so fuck you. And guess what......the Factotum soundtrack is really fucking good, and it was endorsed by Linda Bukowski. So get over yourselves.

At last!! an honest response from a recording industry hack.

Why didn't you just say, "Look, folks, I have to hype this record as part of my pathetic attempt to make a living (and all of us sometimes have to carry out the shit), but, in all candidness, this is a fairly good piece of music; and the dink who preceded me in this position thought he could pull the wool over on this crowd seeing as he thought you?re all a bunch of myopic bibliophiles who know way too much about Bukowski, but I see he was wrong and that you are actually a quite hip, with-it and discerning lot, so you wouldn?t fall for such crap; so I?m taking the ?honest? tack and telling you that it?s a good (maybe not great, but a good) record; so buy it, if you?re of a mind to."

That would have garnered you a bit of respect from a fast crowd that brooks little bullshit. So, fuck you very much; stick around, there?s room for all kinds here. Yes, I?m part of the official welcoming committee.

SD

Hey... FUCK YOU ALL... Yeah, I work at a record company. Im taking over the other intern's job...
Well, you're off to a great start.

Before you came out of the closet I couldn't care less about the soundtrack, but now I can't wait to hear Kirsteen Sonongorgardsen's smokey, seductive voice on top of some kick-ass elevator jazz!

if you want a good laugh, read all the posts by 'BukLivesOn' as they progress from 'does anyone know when the soundtrack is coming out?' to the 'fuck you all' when he 'outs' himself. shameful shilling.

...And guess what......the Factotum soundtrack is really fucking good, and it was endorsed by Linda Bukowski. So get over yourselves.

You know, even your explanation sounds like a crappy advertisement for the soundtrack. I don't particularly care if the ghost of BUK, six golden angels and Mehar Baba all endorsed the album, I'm not interested in anything that's marketed through hack advertisements randomly posted in discussion forums by some music company stooge.

if you want a good laugh, read all the posts by 'BukLivesOn' as they progress from 'does anyone know when the soundtrack is coming out?' to the 'fuck you all' when he 'outs' himself. shameful shilling.

d gray is right. That is really funny. Watching him try to act interested in buying it when the whole time he knew EXACTLY when it was coming out.

I'm sure that your record company is very happy about the "Fuck You All" comment. Nice place to post a comment like that. On a website that has 500 members that could have been buyers of this CD.

Maybe you'll do better in your other job. The one that you find after they realize that you are not a good "fit" for their record company.

Bill

Hi,
Also, does anyone know when the new book from Bottle of Smoke Press is set to be released? I can't wait for it. I heard great things about it. Something about a smoky smoky voice set to paper.... Maybe someone here can let me know where I can get a copy?

Thanks,
Bill
Bottle of Smoke Press (SHIT. I think that I was supposed to keep that secret!)

p.s. mjp. You gonna say goodnight?

Hi,

Is that the same Michael J Phillips from Sweden or the one From San Pedro? I hear that the one from sweden is not so good, but the one from Pedro... ahhh.... a smoky voice set to paper.....

Does anyone know when his book is coming out? I hear that there are 4 poems about Bukowski.....

ha!

Bill

HI,
That was how the MARVELOUS Soundtrack to Factotum was described by a fan of the CD. He clearly had no financial interest, just trying to pass on some iunfo about a release that he clearly loved... ha....

The secret of the BoSP is great poets that have allowed me to publish them(with or without a smoky voice).

Best,
Bill

half wits are better than none

going out

the sweet slide of the luger
toward your temple,
a flight of birds winging
northward,
the clicking sound of the
safety catch being
released,
the eclipse of the
sun,
the sound of something being
shut
hard,
pal.
BUK

Having blissfully escaped being corrupted by a college education, Buk did not bother to learn the "rules" of poetry. He broke the lines by feeling, gut, and instinct.

When you adhere to patterns & rules you sacrifice meaning for form. Being too hung up on a form or rule causes you to obstruct the flow of the specific meanings & feelings of the moment. You miss out on using the word or phrase that nails the moment perfectly.

well said
and quite probable

BukLivesOn, I suggest you fuck off while it's still voluntary.

:eek:

i'm not very good at the computer
but what i was attempting
in posting 'going out' was there are poems that i read
without paying attention to the line breaks.
perhaps more to the punctuation

and just talking about this crap makes us half wits.
but not me ,no not me.

Interesting link, Olaf.

This "rewrite" is execrable to the square root of ten. This TOP idiot can take Occam's Razor?Occam the Great Poet??and shave his balls with it. As if emotions express according to 'efficiency' and a straight f**king line! Who got to spend more time with Jane's memory in the original version of the poem? B or this uncle-son-of-sam loser with his scissors? I have to hand it to these guys who shoot at eagles with pea shooters.

Pops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back